To understand SEGWAY-NINEBOT ES X

eurisil

To understand SEGWAY-NINEBOT ES X

Postby eurisil Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 am

Hello everyone

I'm Portuguese and new here .
Although recent, in Portugal / Lisbon there are already nine companies of scooters: Bird, Lime, Hive, Voi, Tier, Wind, Flash, Bungo and Iomo.

https://jornaleconomico.sapo.pt/noticia ... ove-427161

So i was curious about electric scooters.
I am tired of researching on this subject and I find nothing that clarifies some basic doubts.
From what I saw about the questions that I see being asked in the forums, there are many people with the same questions.
It would be interesting that someone understanding the subject explains how "the machine" works in its original version. Later on, another explanation can be made of the changes that the Rental Companies make.
For now would be useful and I thanked someone who has a doctorate (Maybe Lothean?) in the subject clarifies some doubts of an illiterate:

* When purchasing an ESx, is it mandatory to install and connect with APP?
* Or if you do not, the ESx works in the same (on / off, indicates speed, driving mode, lights and battery status), but losing some other features?
* In the original versions, Ninebot ESx basically have the same operation?
* When talking about Software and Firmware is the same thing?
* Where is the Software / Firmware? On the display (Dashboard right?) Or on the control board (inside the tube next to the internal battery, right?). Or both, and then communicate with each other?
* What is the function of the control board?
* What is the function of the Display/Dashboard?
* When we talk about updating we are talking about updating what and where?

Thanks in advance
Lothean
Site Admin

Re: To understand SEGWAY-NINEBOT ES X

Postby Lothean Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:33 pm

* When purchasing an ESx, is it mandatory to install and connect with APP?
For the first setup, yes

* Or if you do not, the ESx works in the same (on / off, indicates speed, driving mode, lights and battery status), but losing some other features?
The scooter works the same. You just loose customization.

* Where is the Software / Firmware? On the display (Dashboard right?) Or on the control board (inside the tube next to the internal battery, right?). Or both, and then communicate with each other?
Both the dashboard and the control board contains software. They communicate with each other using single wire half-duplex UART 115200 8n1

* What is the function of the control board?
The control board serves as the ESC and as the link to all other parts (battery management system(s), dashboard, lights..)

* What is the function of the Display/Dashboard?
It handles input from the throttle/brake, controls the headlight, and displays what the control board tells it to display.

* When we talk about updating we are talking about updating what and where?
We generally refer as updating the control board.
eurisil

Postby eurisil Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:26 am

Thank you Lothean

Your enlightenment has taken away many doubts. Sometimes the information available on the internet can be very confusing and contradictory. Nothing like a good clarification.
When I wrote the previous post I was waiting to receive a control unit and dash board from China to apply on a Ninebot ES 4 that I bought cheap, a dubious dude, for me to play with. The scooter did nothing and was blocked.
Now I got the equipment, I installed it and it seems to be working properly. I did some tests and everything was fine: turn it on and off, turn on the light, have the three modes of driving, the brake operates and shows the speed and the state of the batteries.
Then I installed the APP and made the connection between her and the scooter.
The only thing I did not do was register.
Everything went well.

In addition to the serial number (other than the one on the scooter's label) I have the following information:

Scooter ID: NBScooter86AD
Bluetooth ID: RF5182
Master Control: V0.5.0.5
BMS Firmware: V0.1.3.6

The scooter is working fine without the APP but there are two reasons why I installed it: the lock off de scooter and the control of the LEDs underneath.
I think the "lock" option is not well thought because after blocking it can not turn off manually the scooter or turn off the lights. After a while she hangs up by herself. After that, if we call her again, she's not blocked. I think the "padlock" should only block the "progress" part and remain until it is unlocked again by APP.

Another thing that does not appear is the option to control and change the color of the LEDs under the scooter.
Is it because I did not register?
If I register, does APP have more features?

I hope so, because if not the APP is very "weak" and has little use.
I have some fear of registering because I do not know where the scooter came from and I do not know if there is any kind of Segway control through APP.
When I bought the scooter I had no idea there were so many scooter thefts and now I'm afraid of getting into trouble.

Sorry to be taking your time with all this conversation and with more questions but given the difficulties that people present online to put the scooters to work, with me it went very well and I think I should share the experience.
Thank you in advance
jcrestrepom

Postby jcrestrepom Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:35 am

Thank you Lothean

Your enlightenment has taken away many doubts. Sometimes the information available on the internet can be very confusing and contradictory. Nothing like a good clarification.
When I wrote the previous post I was waiting to receive a control unit and dash board from China to apply on a Ninebot ES 4 that I bought cheap, a dubious dude, for me to play with. The scooter did nothing and was blocked.
Now I got the equipment, I installed it and it seems to be working properly. I did some tests and everything was fine: turn it on and off, turn on the light, have the three modes of driving, the brake operates and shows the speed and the state of the batteries.
Then I installed the APP and made the connection between her and the scooter.
The only thing I did not do was register.
Everything went well.

In addition to the serial number (other than the one on the scooter's label) I have the following information:

Scooter ID: NBScooter86AD
Bluetooth ID: RF5182
Master Control: V0.5.0.5
BMS Firmware: V0.1.3.6

The scooter is working fine without the APP but there are two reasons why I installed it: the lock off de scooter and the control of the LEDs underneath.
I think the "lock" option is not well thought because after blocking it can not turn off manually the scooter or turn off the lights. After a while she hangs up by herself. After that, if we call her again, she's not blocked. I think the "padlock" should only block the "progress" part and remain until it is unlocked again by APP.

Another thing that does not appear is the option to control and change the color of the LEDs under the scooter.
Is it because I did not register?
If I register, does APP have more features?

I hope so, because if not the APP is very "weak" and has little use.
I have some fear of registering because I do not know where the scooter came from and I do not know if there is any kind of Segway control through APP.
When I bought the scooter I had no idea there were so many scooter thefts and now I'm afraid of getting into trouble.

Sorry to be taking your time with all this conversation and with more questions but given the difficulties that people present online to put the scooters to work, with me it went very well and I think I should share the experience.
Thank you in advance

Goodnight friend. Thanks for your comments on the electric skateboards. I write from Colombia and I also bought a second hand skateboard ES2 and I want to unlock it, but I have distrust and I do not want to get into trouble.

Friend, can you help me with the following:

You can send me the reference of what you bought in China.

And that you can count more where to find information to unlock the skateboard.

Tell me everything you can about what you have done.

Thanks, Juan Carlos.
eurisil

Postby eurisil Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:37 am

Hello Juan Carlos

As you already know, I do not have much knowledge on this subject but I will try to help in what I can.

What I bought was the following:

Dashboard - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Circ ... 2749.l2649

Control Board (Activated) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Activated-Conn ... 2749.l2649

Battery Charger - https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Battery-C ... 2749.l2649

You will need a lot of patience for the material to arrive ....
Especially the Dashboard that took 40 days to arrive. :!: :!: :roll: :evil:

Already after buying it seems to me that I saw, also on Ebay, that the seller of the control board has a kit of the two things. You have to search because now I can not find the link. If you buy both things from the same seller, although it is more expensive, you have more compatibility guarantee. I paid special attention to the detail of the control board being "pre-activated" whatever that may be.

So basically I dismantled all the existing electronics and put the new one together.
The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMKUIi2EJY has helped me a lot. Unless you know Chinese, you can only see the pictures. And I did not wear gloves. :mrgreen: :lol:

Now I am checking to see if Lothean answers the above questions to decide whether or not to register me in de APP.
In the meantime I'm going to do some laps on the scooter and maybe later on I'll try to change the original programming to try to improve the lock.
That's why I'm researching.
I found this site that I find interesting: https://wiki.scooterhacking.org/index.php/Main_Page

Hope this helps.
Good luck
jcrestrepom

Postby jcrestrepom Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello Juan Carlos

As you already know, I do not have much knowledge on this subject but I will try to help in what I can.

What I bought was the following:

Dashboard - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Circ ... 2749.l2649

Control Board (Activated) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Activated-Conn ... 2749.l2649

Battery Charger - https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Battery-C ... 2749.l2649

You will need a lot of patience for the material to arrive ....
Especially the Dashboard that took 40 days to arrive. :!: :!: :roll: :evil:

Already after buying it seems to me that I saw, also on Ebay, that the seller of the control board has a kit of the two things. You have to search because now I can not find the link. If you buy both things from the same seller, although it is more expensive, you have more compatibility guarantee. I paid special attention to the detail of the control board being "pre-activated" whatever that may be.

So basically I dismantled all the existing electronics and put the new one together.
The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMKUIi2EJY has helped me a lot. Unless you know Chinese, you can only see the pictures. And I did not wear gloves. :mrgreen: :lol:

Good morning friend, thank you very much for your prompt response, I am in Colombia and I do not know your schedule.

I have made clear his comment in relation to the electronic systems of the skateboard must be "ACTIVATED".

I have a question, and have tried using the new "Bluetooth Dashboard Control Board" with the old wheel control system the "Connect Extra Battery Control Board". I say it because of not having to buy the two components, or will it be blocked?

Anyway, thank you very much for your comments and I will continue to watch what I do with my skateboard.

Regards;
From Colombia.

Now I am checking to see if Lothean answers the above questions to decide whether or not to register me in de APP.
In the meantime I'm going to do some laps on the scooter and maybe later on I'll try to change the original programming to try to improve the lock.
That's why I'm researching.
I found this site that I find interesting: https://wiki.scooterhacking.org/index.php/Main_Page

Hope this helps.
Good luck
jcrestrepom

Postby jcrestrepom Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Good morning friend, thank you very much for your prompt response, I am in Colombia and I do not know your schedule.

I have made clear his comment in relation to the electronic systems of the skateboard must be "ACTIVATED".

I have a question, and have tried using the new "Bluetooth Dashboard Control Board" with the old wheel control system the "Connect Extra Battery Control Board". I say it because of not having to buy the two components, or will it be blocked?

Anyway, thank you very much for your comments and I will continue to watch what I do with my skateboard.

Regards;
From Colombia.
eurisil

Postby eurisil Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:17 pm

Let's simplify and not complicate.
We have an entire infrastructure and motor controlled by the electronica that is powered by batteries (one or two).
If we remove the existing electronic part and replace it with a new one (virgin and / or pre-activated) this must work. The question is how to buy the two components of the electronic part (control board and dashboard) compatible.
Let's forget the part of wanting to take advantage of this or that plate to save some dolars. If indeed what we want to do is start a Ninebot Scooter ES 1/3 or ES 2/4 let's be practical: Let's buy a control board (Pre-activated) and a dashboard compatible with each other and this has to work .
Another way to do this is to try to "trick" the system and then we can "try this and that" but we have to be prepared to fail and have to spend more money to "test this and that" and walk between sites to ask questions that nobody knows or wants to answer. .
So we have to choose:
Or we just want to get the scooter to work or we'll study, investigate and try another way.
This was my theory. Maybe next I'll try "this and that."
At this point I tried and it seems that I was able to start a Scooter ES 4.
Although I still have some questions.
I'll try to clarify these questions and then I'll see.
Joselito

Postby Joselito Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Hey jcrestrepom what model and what city in Colombia you need help?

Regards;
From Colombia.
Scooturd

Postby Scooturd Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:03 pm

How was it using a "parts dashboard" ?

I use OEM Circuit boards

You do not need to register your scooter.

I would recommend that you change the name and password through the app.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”