How to flash your Ninebot Scooter

Isayhella

Re: How to flash your Ninebot Scooter

Postby Isayhella Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:48 pm

So when I’m in the esdowng app it connects to the scooter but when I hit check version it stops there....never tells me the version and the dash just turns off from being idle so long anyone know what’s up with this?
proplane64

Postby proplane64 Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:38 pm

So when I’m in the esdowng app it connects to the scooter but when I hit check version it stops there....never tells me the version and the dash just turns off from being idle so long anyone know what’s up with this?
any update on this? i have same issue
Scoott

Postby Scoott Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:29 am

What's going on all. Was able to get a aftermarket Bluetooth enabled dash that has the oem firmware on it. The scooter is stuck at 9 mph so I have been trying to to flash custom firmware but it keeps getting stuck around 83% and it retrys a bunch and fails. I have tried all different versions of generated firmware and still no go. My current scooter info is:

BMS Ver 136
BLE 1140
DRV Ver 139

259 sentry retry is the error I get at 83%. Can someone recommend which firmware version or option should work?

Thanks in advance
slubadub

Postby slubadub Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Hey everyone, just trying to go through this process and when I run the first command I get this.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "hla_swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz
Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz
Info : clock speed 950 kHz
Error: open failed
in procedure 'init'
in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'

All my solder connections are clean and the wires are plugged in as they should be.

Any idea what's happening here?
themax

Postby themax Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:17 am

I´m trying to program the dashboard with a raspberry pi. It seems to connect fine and start the programiing, but fails with this error:

Code: Select all

> program full_BLE.bin target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread xPSR: 0xc1000000 pc: 0xfffffffe msp: 0xfffffffc ** Programming Started ** SWD DPIDR 0x0bb11477 Failed to read memory at 0x4001e400 Couldn't read NVMC_READY register Failed to erase reg: 0x4001e508 val: 0x00032800 failed erasing sectors 0 to 255 embedded:startup.tcl:449: Error: ** Programming Failed ** in procedure 'program' in procedure 'program_error' called at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 508 at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 449
Also tried to do this part:

Code: Select all

init reset halt nrf51 mass_erase
And works with no errors.

Any ideas?
tuco2

Postby tuco2 Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Is it possible to connect swdCLK and swdIO in other part of dashboard?
iorifly

Postby iorifly Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:00 am

Hello, how are you ?
   I have two scooter .... They work very well.
However, there is a problem:

One of them does not display anything! I can connect via bluetooth and use the segway app ..... Change lights disco etc ....

The other the display turns on with full access and then hangs up. I can not see through bluetooth.

I bought a complete handlebars, the seller assured me that I can connect and change the colors of the lights.
    The question would be, what about these viewers of mine? I made the change of the handlebars and managed to update the firmware through the segway app in all situations. However, always the same problem ...

One displays nothing else connects in bluetooth.
The other one, displays everything fast and turns off and does not appear in the bluetooth list .......

pengoboy

Postby pengoboy Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:29 pm

In theory, assuming i have enough parts left over I can make one of these things then theres no need to solder directly to the board anymore correct? Would still need to remove the capacitor though?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programmin ... 0008.m2219
TaiTheGuy

Postby TaiTheGuy Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:03 am

N
Last edited by TaiTheGuy on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TaiTheGuy

Postby TaiTheGuy Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:06 am

Omg... Post keeps failing!😡
All stock components - jump, SNSC1.0 w/external gps.
Flash successful. ES_DownG successful.
Segway app gives error (19) built in battery voltage error. Please check the battery, master control, and related cables.

Am i the only 1 with this issue??

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”