I can "Config" but not flash

Swissrv

I can "Config" but not flash

Postby Swissrv Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:47 pm

Hi all. Beginner's question here (yes, I searched the forum prior to calling for help).

I cannot flash my Xiaomi 1S, I always get the error: "Flashing failed - Update failed - Reason: data format error ".
I have installed SHFW 0.2.6, which allows me to change parameters in the Config menu but I cannot flash the ESC: I have tried with the original FW from the repo (DRV221 or 225), or with a FW generated within SHU (v2.1.1 on an Android 10), or with a FW generated from the website, or with the freshly downloaded Vanilla DRV221 (after checking the box « Use old ZIP format »).

I know that BLE is working (v134, which I got it from the repo and successfully flashed), and BT signal is strong (a few centimeters away).
I have also disconnected the battery for an hour, as per the app suggested ("maybe powering off your scooter and phone, would help")

So I am not in panic mode, my scooter is not bricked, I can change its parameters with the Config menu. But I'd like to be able to flash a firmware.
Can anybody point me to the right direction, please? (and Hi from Switzerland, btw)
Swissrv

Re: I can "Config" but not flash

Postby Swissrv Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:50 pm

No? No one knows what to do?
Swissrv

Re: I can "Config" but not flash

Postby Swissrv Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:31 am

Well, a month after my simple question to which no one bothered to reply, I sold the Xiaomi. I know, this is a forum ran by enthusiasts, people have day jobs, are not paid to maintain it, I am not entitled to an answer, etc.. but I was hoping that experts would chime in. Even with donations to the developers.

Anyway, the inability to flash back an OEM firmware, even with the Xiaomi App (which only put its own BLE back, but not the firmware), made the scooter hard to sell, I had to considerably drop its price.
Lesson learnt for the next enthusiasts forum. Take care.

Return to “Xiaomi Scooters”