Brand new Pro2 won't turn off or connect to mi app to activate after CFW

Payman

Brand new Pro2 won't turn off or connect to mi app to activate after CFW

Postby Payman Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:00 am

Hello everyone!

I seriously need some help and in a panic state here.
I just bought a Pro 2 after having had a standard 3 dot m365 for 3 years which worked flawlessly.

So I took it out the box, activated it on mi home app and drove it for 3km.
Then I came here, made a custom firmware without making too many changes. I just removed the 30km hard limiter and set the amps to 30/25/20 on Sport/drive/Eco and removed KERS and set tail light flashes to 255.

After using downG to change the firmware, I can't turn off the scooter. It powers off, and 2 seconds later turns on by itself. It won't go past 10 km/h on any mode, as if it's not activated and constaly beeps. It flashes a red colored "1" on the display and it won't connect to the mi home app anymore and shows a (-29) everytime after it connects to the Bluetooth.

I have opened the battery tray and tried disconnecting the battery a few times and it doesn't help. What should I do? What can I do? I'm really sad at mad at myself because it's literally brand new.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated🙏
Payman

Re: Brand new Pro2 won't turn off or connect to mi app to activate after CFW

Postby Payman Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

I'm so overwhelmed with the amazing support😆

So using scooterhacking to make a cfw for a xiaomi pro 2 and using the downG app, am I the only person ever who has unsuccesfully flashed the scooter and made the scooter unusable?

My starting firmware was
DRV 245
BMS 141
BLE 136.

The scooter flashed, it showed sucessful, and in the app it shows it to have drv 223 now, however it will not go faster than 5 kmh riding and constantly beeps. I can activate it with the scooterhacking app, stops the beeping for a few minutes but still won't go past 5 kmh in any mode and constantly flashes the wrench symbol on the dash with a red number 1.
Payman

Postby Payman Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

I'm so overwhelmed with the amazing support😆

So using scooterhacking to make a cfw for a xiaomi pro 2 and using the downG app, am I the only person ever who has unsuccesfully flashed the scooter and made the scooter unusable?

My starting firmware was
DRV 245
BMS 141
BLE 136.

The scooter flashed, it showed sucessful, and in the app it shows it to have drv 223 now, however it will not go faster than 5 kmh riding and constantly beeps. I can activate it with the scooterhacking app, stops the beeping for a few minutes but still won't go past 5 kmh in any mode and constantly flashes the wrench symbol on the dash with a red number 1.
tmsjaeger

Postby tmsjaeger Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Hi,

I might have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Thanks
Thomas
tmsjaeger

Postby tmsjaeger Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:29 pm

Hello,
I seem to have the same problem, did you find a solution ?
Thanks
Thomas
Payman

Postby Payman Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:53 am

Hello Thomas!

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anyone who has described the same issue as I have been facing online so I never did find an answer.
I even tried to re flash a stock firmware with downG which seems to work, because the ESC version changes when you connect the scooter to m365 tools and check, but the problem remains.

I eneded up taking it back to the store that I bought it from, showed them that it won't stop beeping, won't turn off and won't go past 5 km/h and they said they have had a bad batch that has had similar problems, and they send them off to repair and usually its enough to change the dashboard where the Bluetooth module sits.

I did get a free replacement Pro 2 scooter, brave and scared as hell tried flashing it with xiaoflasher and it worked a charm.

The only difference between the 2 scooters were that the one I screwed up by flashing was dated 11/2021 and the one I received as replacement was dated 12/2021.

I did however notice that the 11/2021 model had LG batteries while my new replacement scooter has the blue eve Chinese cells😳
I wish I could have kept the scooter with LG batteries as I'm assuming it's a better battery pack than the newer Chinese?
misiozol

Postby misiozol Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:15 am

I actually have lite version with exact same problem, bougt for parts, its very hard to diagnose. All points to battery BMS but no luck there as well, have other 2 working ones that can take parts from and no mather which parts I swap it always does same thing. Its like all parts would be infected with wrong code just by flashing DRV. That's very strange issue and in end decided to swap controller for BMS. Whats funny, error spread to battery kind of infecting it and battery will not charge and have solid blue light however works and starts on older model m365 :/ thats some terminator wierd sh!t
mober

Postby mober Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:25 pm

I actually have lite version with exact same problem, bougt for parts, its very hard to diagnose. All points to battery BMS but no luck there as well, have other 2 working ones that can take parts from and no mather which parts I swap it always does same thing. Its like all parts would be infected with wrong code just by flashing DRV. That's very strange issue and in end decided to swap controller for BMS. Whats funny, error spread to battery kind of infecting it and battery will not charge and have solid blue light however works and starts on older model m365 :/ thats some terminator wierd sh!t
Could it be your controller board version is v3.1 like this one? (version is labeled on the bottom left)

I heard in some place that this behavior happen when you install any custom firmware on a essential/lite with this controller board version.

Return to “Xiaomi Scooters”