Xiaomi Pro 2 1500km mileage help and advices needed acute! error code 29

Rurounin

Xiaomi Pro 2 1500km mileage help and advices needed acute! error code 29

Postby Rurounin Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:39 pm

Error code 29 2nd time and they came spontaneously

Greetings folks!

Have a Xiaomi Pro 2 for 5 months now and the milage is around 1500km, only trouble is mechanical ones (tighten loose screws/bolts) but one major which is my 3rd problem and will describe it.
Been using stock firmware the first 1000km and 3-4 months then I flashed CFW, parameters is described later in this post.

1st problem:
I have since 2 weeks back gotten the error code 29 with a wrench icon on the bottom of the dash screen when I start the scooter in DCP mode, twice.

What I have learned its something abnormal with low status MOSFET... Though after the error lights flashing (no beeps since I muted it with BLE 075 v10)

Right now I just have to wait for the backlight flasing and dash showing the 29 code to shutdown, start again and its normal. (when it occured I use the brake trick, I have kind of maybe done the sequence to fast and those 2 times I got the error code was when I did it faster than ordinary by letting the brake off before seeing battery percentage left, coming up on the display (CustomBLE by camialfa and I choose to have batt perc showing when scooter is standing)

What can this be?

I have been using 32A-35A as nominal draw but have settled for 32A in sports mode.

65A as current limit

1A minimum brake phase

32A maxmimum brake phase limit

have tried 30-40 and using 55 virtual lever limit now

Thottle+Brake Coefficient; 1600

NO KERS Clonk Free

We've had warmer ambient temperatures recent 2 weeks and just some days ago it has fallen to around zero Celsius.

Have I maybe burned a fuse/mosfet? Condensation/corrosion on mosfet?

If I burned a MOSFET, I wouldnt be able to use the scooter I assume? And that the error code is the only thing coming up when powering on?

If it is definitely a hardware error I will need to hurry for an RMA before my warranty expires in late September (will be flashing back to vanilla and hard reset before turning in, the service center is just a joke, they dont even check for loose bolts so I doubt they will check if there is a flash counter.

All advices is appreciated, if anyone has experienced the same or has a solution.

Really paranoid of using it now since it COULD give up anytime if it is a hardware error, m365 tools and other apps show "error codes no all normal"

2nd problem:
Anyone know how to tighten this that sits below the vertical reflex?

I have some kind of locking resistance when the whole handlebar pole goes from straight position to either left or right, dont know if it has with the gap to do.

Have loosened and retightened since a particular jump, low speed collision which led to stem was bent, but loosened all bolts and bent it straightwards and after that this resistance have persisted. (Its good when driving straightforward at higher speeds but maybe wearing down bearings or anything else?)

Is it safe to continue commuting with this? I dont wanna end up on the ground since I can top out 35km/h @ full charge
The first pic isnt showing so I also uploaded a pic closer focused on the gap: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zZGw6W ... sp=sharing

2nd pic, dissassembled the handlebar and pole: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H7D1Sy ... sp=sharing

2nd pic which was just before I gave up and am sitting by the PC now, the "resistance locking" feeling feels less intense after 3rd dissassembling and trying either tighten with center bolt first or the 2 side bolts first. The side bolts first gave best result but now Ive ended up creating/noticing a new fault? Tried dissassembling as mentioned and tried pulling it all I could, wouldnt get off. Ok standing on it and trying to close the gap, no use. Please can someone here if there is knowledge about dissassembling the m365 pro 2 then my guess there is a simple answer and solution to this but I cant stumble upon it...

It wont get off or on so the gap still persists. Anyone have any idea what could have happened?

And of course the problem majority M365 scooters get after a while, cracking sounds from stem, I even use 3d printed vibration damper but still I have to unfold, sometimes tighten the hook bolt on the front since it comes loose after ride on not so even surfaces, which connects this problem with the 3rd problem. Loose hinge bolt which makes the front hook do all the work for holding the stem tightly, it got a little better when I tightened the center bolt for the stem bearings. More of a ritual after every ride now, unfold and fold again if the cracking sounds get too annoying.
Striped the bolt in the plasting ring which Im thinking maybe houses something that can tighten the stem further? Or its just a decorative thing so you dont see the connection from stem to folding mechanism?
Dont apply pressure on the handlebar, only happened once in this particular jump where I had to jump first and lift the scooter by the handlebar to completely overcome a high curb. Usually I hold it very lightly, sometimes I feel its my body doing all the work and the handlebar is purely for maintaining balance without applying pressure.

3rd problem:
The hinge bolt/security bolt which holds together the stem and folding mechanism is looser than when I got it new. Though its a tri point bolt, I have tried to tighten it but it seems that I cant get grip enough. So Ive adjusted that the "front hook" have to hold together everything. (Lame service center "missed" this when Ive tried to RMA 1 time already)
Is it normal for this bolt to have 2-3cm of play sideways?
If so than I wont use a dremel for making a flat and just change the bolt for one with allen key instead.

Safe to drive with loose hinge bolt? Dont even surely know if its loose since I can neither unscrew or tighten the bolt, as mentioned it does have a larger gap play sideways than when it were new.

4th eventual problem:
Since getting it the cells balance have been between 0.005-0.010V differene max, its been the recent 2 months the 0.010V is more prominent. Have flashed BMS from 128 to 126, cycled down to 70% 3 times before flashing to 141. After 1 month the balance became more around 0,010V and the lowest cell is number 5, which seems unusal after 5 months of digging about escooters and Pro 2 in particular.
Tried 126 again but noticed that regardless BMS version I have never crossed 41.25V (BMS 126 first time and BMS 141 sometimes)

Recently it is having problems either getting full mah capacity aka 100% OR 40.90V-41.15V. Is this normal?
Read that the cutoff voltage should be around 41.5V.
Just wanna know if the battery pack/cells are already starting to deteriate/degenerate?

Only used the original charger that came in box, have 2 of them actually so I have tried both chargers. Same results

5th:
Should the backwheel spin symmetrically when looking on it from above mine kind of wobbles a little, dont know if its the wheel, tire or wheel bearing since I love taking turn sharply (kind of like using the scooter as a electrically front wheel powered skateboard) (55psi front wheel 60 psi rear wheel if it affects) The wheel have no sideway gap play so I doubt its the wheel bearings.

6th:
The rear fender mudguard holders are getting loose, tried gluegun and it held 1 week before the vibrations cracked the glue from inside so now I got useless glue which I will remove and try to apply something else/unscrew wheel and tighten bolt/nut that these are attached to.
Is it an issue that the fender can crack eventually by vibrations? Or the holders keeps the fender in place but sounds horrible on uneven surfaces. It has made me jump off everytime I get to stone roads and prefer walking through them instead of cruising (now I understand some kind of dedicated suspension system both front and back would make it into a next level vehicle)

Thanks for your patience for reading this if you came this long and I apologize for the long post but this is also the problems I have stumbled upon after CAREFUL driving and taking care of the scooter. Always charged from 70-80% to full, lowest Ive gone is 43% (before KERS have applied some energy back).
Though I have also been using it in snow, sub zero temperatures. The ESC board is the component that gets hottest of all components, never crossed 30C though and batteries never crossed 30C also.

Going to be interesting how I will need to change parameters when summer is here and ambient outside temps will be 25C instead of 5C

To Scooterhacking:
The SHFW is not as effective as CFW with set parameters (maybe my driving, throttle and braking style that makes CFW with set parameters better) or maybe the patcher for CFW is still ahead of SHFW when it comes to more parameter modifiable settings?
I cant get over 28km/h top speed with SHFW for example but love that it can be configured "live". Throttle sensitivity is set to 1600 on my CFW but with SHFW at max sensitvity I still have to give full throttle (DPC mode) for getting any torque and top speed. It is as if the throttle is speed based when I confirm that it is in DPC mode.

Absolutely love your work and passion making it available to really customize our scooters instead of having to go stock, which I see now is a waste of such greatly designed and manufactured vehicles. I even have less battery drain than with stock firmware as long as Im on stock nominal draw which I have on my drive mode.
Thumbs up and keep up the amazing work!

Kindest Regards

Yours faithfully

Rurounin
mcleanross

Re: Xiaomi Pro 2 1500km mileage help and advices needed acute! error code 29

Postby mcleanross Tue May 10, 2022 4:19 pm

I appreciate the modernity of this phone.
cookie clicker

Return to “Xiaomi Scooters”