Flashing classic m365 with pro firmware

angusmg

Flashing classic m365 with pro firmware

Postby angusmg Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:04 pm

Hello there,

I hope someone who's a more experienced modder can help me out here. I have a classic m365 (EU version, all original parts), had it for years, it has DRV138 made with the botox firmware patcher. Now I'd like to use the SH pro firmware pathcer, and the wiki page seems to suggest that I am absolutely fine with installing a pro firmware after clicking the checkbox for the old 4-dot dashboard compatibility.

My issue is: After making the firmware the Scoother Hacking Utility app tells me "The scooter expected a raw file, but the loaded firmware only contains encoded!" The zip file indeed contains only "firm.bin.enc", no "firm.bin" as the old botox zips did. What should I do then? I really don't want to risk bricking the scooter as I don't need the pain in the arse finding an STLink, but it would be great to have the 3-mode pro firmware if there is a safe solution here (maybe I'd even buy a newer dashboard for it in the future, but first let it work with the firmware only).
I appreciate advice on these matters.
misiozol

Re: Flashing classic m365 with pro firmware

Postby misiozol Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Use diferent app for flashing or chose diferent output format for file
Nojevah

Re: Flashing classic m365 with pro firmware

Postby Nojevah Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:10 pm

I'm interested in this.
I have a M365 and I'd also want to try the new firmware, but I'm in the same boat: I don't want to brick the scooter just for testing the KERS clong-free setting.

I guess we have to first flash a 1.4.2 firmware generated with Botox and install it with DownG. Then SH firmware should be flashable (with SH Utility).
But I won't test by myself. Too much risky for me. But if someone has a ST Link and want to try, I'm interested in the result.

Also I don't know which are the right Intensity settings corresponding to motor power constant. Is this formula still right ?
Intensity = (51575/constant)*17000
Using 25 A is not too much for the M365 ?

Return to “Xiaomi Scooters”