Adding generic battery to external connector

Fallingwater

Adding generic battery to external connector

Postby Fallingwater Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:29 pm

I was given an old ex-rental ES2. It was a mess and was obviously used with an external battery without the hose clamp mod, as the connector was all scorched. I was given it without the external battery, and managed to clean it up, fix it and resurrect the internal battery and BMS. It seems in good shape and works fine, but of course the range is limited by the tiny 5.2Ah internal battery.

I'm not about to buy a genuine Ninebot battery for this, but I can build an external 8Ah or so easily with surplus cells and generic BMS.

I was going to interpose a Y-adapter between the internal battery and the controller, then route the wire out the hole for the now-removed rental GPS unit, but when I had a look at the ScooterHacking app for the ESx I saw that it allows for error deletion so you can use a generic battery.

My question is: if I enable error deletion, and then stick an XT30 into the external connector, will it run on the internal genuine battery and external generic one at the same time? Or does it need to see a BMS on the external connector to enable it?
gry5et

Re: Adding generic battery to external connector

Postby gry5et Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:16 am

Adding generic battery to external connector is a useful tip. Thanks!
drift boss
BaileyDaugherty

Postby BaileyDaugherty Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:46 am

One helpful piece of advice is to attach a generic battery to the external socket. Thanks! geometry dash
harringtongrimes

Postby harringtongrimes Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:02 am

" Or does it need to see a BMS on the external connector to enable it" I think it will be necessary. (Personal thoughts).Madalin Stunt Cars

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”