Recommended supplier for ESx control board and LED ground effect strip

kneedraggar

Recommended supplier for ESx control board and LED ground effect strip

Postby kneedraggar Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:59 pm

I need 2 components:

a controller that supports LED ground effects
a LED ground effects strip

I bought a controller on Amazon and it does not support LED lights. Any supplier recommendations?
CDogg

Re: Recommended supplier for ESx control board and LED ground effect strip

Postby CDogg Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:27 am

I need 2 components:

I bought a controller on Amazon and it does not support LED lights. Any supplier recommendations?
What controller was it that you purchased? After you installed it, did you flash new stock firmware to it? 1.5.1?
Usually after I install a new controller, I'll use m365 Tools (android) to adjust some settings and turn on the underglow LEDs.
joynerparsons

Postby joynerparsons Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:57 am

I need 2 components:

What controller was it that you purchased? After you installed it, did you flash new stock firmware to it? 1.5.1?
Usually after I install a new controller, I'll use m365 Tools (android) to adjust some settings and turn on the underglow LEDs.
Can this setting really light it up?lolbeans
CDogg

Postby CDogg Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:25 am

I need 2 components:

Can this setting really light it up?lolbeans
As long as you have an ES4 controller, and you're installing it in a ES4 scooter, the LED's in the scooter will work. You may want to watch a few youtube vids on the topic. Occasionally, you'll need to turn on the LED's from the app. But a good working controller (either a clone or official segway controller) will run the LED's that came built into the bottom of the scooter.
gemmalyly

Postby gemmalyly Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:03 am

I need 2 components:

thanks
contexto
henny123

Postby henny123 Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:38 am

As long as you have an ES4 controller, and you're installing it in a ES4 scooter, the LED's in the scooter will work. You may want to watch a few youtube vids on the topic. Occasionally, you'll need to turn on the LED's from the app heardle But a good working controller (either a clone or official segway controller) will run the LED's that came built into the bottom of the scooter.

Pretty helpful post, i installed it and it worked.
nzxtneo

Postby nzxtneo Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:55 am

I recommend KingScooters.co, they are inexpensive and stand behind their parts. I've now purchased two controllers from them (one ES4 refurb and one standalone controller) and they both flashed perfectly.
webvan

Postby webvan Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:42 am

I need 2 components:

Are there any specific settings to pay attention to when flashing the controller ?

A shop changed the controller on my ES2 and when I got it back I couldn't connect with the official app (they hadn't done the unbinding process) to turn on the "Lighting Effects". I changed the serial number back to my old number and was able to connect but turning on the LE doesn't do anything. I checked the cables under the floor and everything seems fine and the back light works as it should.

Not sure if it matters but it was showing as an ES1 when I got it back.

Thanks for any pointers !
Robert900

Postby Robert900 Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:53 pm

The buttom led strips are just some regular rgb LEDs that have an ic inside(so called addressable led's ) from what I know you need to have the right serial number on the scooter to be able to control the led's from the buttom
Ruberr

Postby Ruberr Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:50 pm

The buttom led strips are just some regular rgb LEDs that have an ic inside(so called addressable led's ) from what I know you need to have the right serial number on the scooter to be able to control the led's from the buttom
Hi Guys,Free Fire Name
It seems like the bottom LED strips on the scooter are standard RGB LEDs with integrated ICs, often referred to as addressable LEDs. To control these LEDs from the bottom, it's essential to have the correct serial number associated with the scooter. This serial number likely serves as a unique identifier to establish a connection and enable control over the LED lighting system. This security measure ensures that only authorized users can manipulate the LEDs, enhancing safety and preventing unauthorized access or tampering.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”