Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

EdL

Re: Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

Postby EdL Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Thanks for trying. Sorry that it didn't work. Maybe you can flash back to v11.4.0. The tricky part is getting your hands on v11.4.0. I don't see it anywhere on the internet. Hopefully someone else can extract the firmware for you.
Bird Brain

Postby Bird Brain Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:16 am

I fried my control board. Was riding at 15mph, hit the ebrake, then the front wheel locked up permanently. Front wheel feels like the brake is engaged fully even when powered off. Disconnecting the battery connectors releases the front brake, so I'm sure the solder traces or mosfets are fried. I filed a warranty claim so let's see how this goes. Scoot is completely stock.
Got my bird back. Took about 3.5 weeks, including nearly a week just to get the rma number. No issues with the warranty, just took them a bit to process it and issue me the return label. They covered shipping both ways.

They clearly updated the software. Max speed is now 18-19 on the flats, regen braking is now very noticeable (almost enough to send me off balance) as it kicks in heavily as soon as throttle is disengaged, rear brake lights are no longer always on (they still turn on with the front headlight), and the ground lights are only blue (used to be rotating all colors). Pretty sure I have the green board (I haven't checked) as I can't change any settings in m365 tools though i can connect.
ScootScooter

Postby ScootScooter Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:48 am

I fried my control board. Was riding at 15mph, hit the ebrake, then the front wheel locked up permanently. Front wheel feels like the brake is engaged fully even when powered off. Disconnecting the battery connectors releases the front brake, so I'm sure the solder traces or mosfets are fried. I filed a warranty claim so let's see how this goes. Scoot is completely stock.
Got my bird back. Took about 3.5 weeks, including nearly a week just to get the rma number. No issues with the warranty, just took them a bit to process it and issue me the return label. They covered shipping both ways.

They clearly updated the software. Max speed is now 18-19 on the flats, regen braking is now very noticeable (almost enough to send me off balance) as it kicks in heavily as soon as throttle is disengaged, rear brake lights are no longer always on (they still turn on with the front headlight), and the ground lights are only blue (used to be rotating all colors). Pretty sure I have the green board (I haven't checked) as I can't change any settings in m365 tools though i can connect.

Is this the manufacturer warranty or the AllState one?
Bird Brain

Postby Bird Brain Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:57 am

Manufacturer warranty. I called the number in the manual.
ScootScooter

Postby ScootScooter Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:37 am

Manufacturer warranty. I called the number in the manual.
Thanks, looks like I may have to keep at least one box just in case I need to warranty it in the future. Not sure how the AllState process will be.
IdourX78

Postby IdourX78 Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi All!

I just bought off brand dashboard for my Walmart Bird ES4, should I flash the board before installing it on my scooter?
Thanks!
Bird Brain

Postby Bird Brain Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:09 pm

I have the green dashboard. Do I just need to remove the c15 capacitor to get bluetooth functionality, or do I need to solder on an stlink too?
ScootScooter

Postby ScootScooter Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi All!

I just bought off brand dashboard for my Walmart Bird ES4, should I flash the board before installing it on my scooter?
Thanks!
What are you trying to do? If you just want original functionality back, just install that.
I have the green dashboard. Do I just need to remove the c15 capacitor to get bluetooth functionality, or do I need to solder on an stlink too?
Still need to flash OEM FW via STlink.
hypnosis4u2nv

Postby hypnosis4u2nv Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:54 pm

I finally opened the scooter (it was a Xmas gift) and found out that I have the purple board for my dash. I've read through this entire thread and it seems that nothing can be done as far as flashing this back to OEM firmware. I ordered a replacement aftermarket board online. Once received, I should be able to follow the flashing instructions from the boys over at BananaScience on YT? Does anyone know if the speed controllers need to be flashed also?

Thanks for any help.
Billybobthor

Postby Billybobthor Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Thanks for all the tips on the forum I was able to order the new dashboard on Amazon and flashed it and I maximum speed now is 32 kilometers per hour question is how do I toggle back to miles per hour

also is there a way to make the handlebars taller is there an extension kit to buy?

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”