Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

ScootScooter

Re: Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

Postby ScootScooter Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:29 am

For the two of you that purchased dashboards online, I appreciate you taking the initiative!

Do we not think it would be possible to flash the current dashboard after doing the ST-Link method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kba7yK9 ... e=youtu.be)?
You probably could flash the current dash, but I'm taking the easier (but more expensive) route.
EdL

Postby EdL Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:57 am

Received my Walmart Bird today. I'm also interested in flashing the firmware. I did find this page that may help free our caged bird ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=252&p=1336

From my quick glance at the page, it looks like we just need a few item to flash the controller.
- Windows PC with a serial port
- Access to the external battery port
- Software - Ninebot IAP
jackedandshredded

Postby jackedandshredded Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:48 am

I just got mine and came right to this forum. Mine doesnt flash bluetooth icon except on startup, it does not connect to the segway app, the app simply doesnt find it. It connect to m365 tools and the flashing app but both apps see no details on the scooter, they connect. It beeps but i can't flash it or do anything, i just ordered a dash on amazon too to see what i can do.
ScootScooter

Postby ScootScooter Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:50 am

Someone on the SD thread stated they were able to flash 2 of their dashboards using stlink.
jackedandshredded

Postby jackedandshredded Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:37 pm

I don't know why people are using ST link, i think buying a dash and replacing the current one should be sufficient for flashing.
ScootScooter

Postby ScootScooter Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:38 pm

I don't know why people are using ST link, i think buying a dash and replacing the current one should be sufficient for flashing.
Even though purchasing a dash is obviously more convenient (it's what I did), flashing via STlink is way cheaper and if you run into any other issues down the road, now you have the tools to troubleshoot it.
CDogg

Postby CDogg Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Jeez, I knew this was going to happen when I saw this deal online. I'm gonna be nice and help everyone. Please text me at 801-810-8838 or visit muvmotion.com and I'll help you guys with your Bird ES1-300 or ES4-800.
Don't post to this thread anymore.
Why not just help on this thread if you're being nice so it's just shared with everyone? Anyways, the Segway app doesn't offer any beneficial uses, imo, the scooter still operates fine without it and at $200 + a 3 year warranty that covers pretty much everything, it was a steal.
There's no scooterhacking.org app and loading a browser in my phone everytime I wanna check in here, is a bit of a chore.. I really don't mind responding to texts from my business line.

Most everyone should know that unless you have an ST-LINK and soldering experience, getting the bluetooth to work on these Bird retail scooters isn't possible- even though the scooter has the capability. You'll need to swap out the dash with one that's been activated or pre-flashed.
If you want help with this, feel free to text me at 801-810-8838 m-f
The tech support is free of charge, my pre-flashed dashboard however, isn't..
ScootScooter

Postby ScootScooter Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:23 pm

Jeez, I knew this was going to happen when I saw this deal online. I'm gonna be nice and help everyone. Please text me at 801-810-8838 or visit muvmotion.com and I'll help you guys with your Bird ES1-300 or ES4-800.
Don't post to this thread anymore.
Why not just help on this thread if you're being nice so it's just shared with everyone? Anyways, the Segway app doesn't offer any beneficial uses, imo, the scooter still operates fine without it and at $200 + a 3 year warranty that covers pretty much everything, it was a steal.
There's no scooterhacking.org app and loading a browser in my phone everytime I wanna check in here, is a bit of a chore.. I really don't mind responding to texts from my business line.

Most everyone should know that unless you have an ST-LINK and soldering experience, getting the bluetooth to work on these Bird retail scooters isn't possible- even though the scooter has the capability. You'll need to swap out the dash with one that's been activated or pre-flashed.
If you want help with this, feel free to text me at 801-810-8838 m-f
The tech support is free of charge, my pre-flashed dashboard however, isn't..

It seems it's dependent on who refurbished them, some (including myself) have BT working, others don't.

Postby offline Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 am

I bought 3 of these. 2 of them have oem green boards, 1 has a purple clone. I was able to flash the 2 boards via ST-Link successfully which unlocked bluetooth flashing capability and speed to 20mph among other things. I tried flashing the clone but bricked it and can't find the original firmware for it yet to reflash. I'll probably end up buying an oem.

You just need an $8 st-link v2 usb adapter from amazon and some basic soldering skills.
shadowaero

Postby shadowaero Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:19 am

I also bought as ES4-800 for $199. I have had numerous issues with error codes. At first it wouldn't stay on. I've had error code 18, 19, 21, and 42. By reseating the battery about 5 times and reconnecting the cables i eventually got it to work. I went on a 2 mile ride without issue. I am going to test the heck out of this to make sure its not an issue. I did buy extended warranty but I already know what they will do if it breaks. They will refund the $199, not fix it or replace it. One question I have, can this scooter work on internal battery only? When the external battery is disconnected it won't turn on. But once connected and working the Segway Ninebot app says both batteries are normal and charged about the same.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”