ES4 Error 10

wielandgeorg

Re: ES4 Error 10

Postby wielandgeorg Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Guys I’ve learned a lot about this and I’d like to share my findings. I've got most everything of it figured out. No more error 27, even the headlight issue where when you have it on the scooter is slower. Cruise control, CFW, Control over lights in ninebot app, All 3 driving modes when you double press power button.. Basically, the works!

First of all I would never try and solder those tiny connections. Way too time consuming and also too risky of something going wrong. I use a BDM stand with Probe needles you can simply place where they are needed and flash it with ease and not needing a single solder. I will attach pic of it. Can be found at aliexpress or other Chinese marketplaces.

Everything works. Flash Chinese $20 dash using the method found here and flash factory esc this way.

Steps
Order $20 dash amazon or eBay
Dissasemble scooters remove esc

Order bdm stand: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... opping-ads

Flash dash using oocd
Flash esc using stlink utility. To fix error 27 In the "address" field after flashing type 0x1ffff7e8 and press enter then take a pic of 0,4,8 columns and now press ctrl+P and program then go back to address box type 0x801c1b4 and press enter and now fill in the 0,4,8 boxes with the pic you took just press tab in between each box. As you press tab, it will write the changes to the ESC each time automatic.
Reassemble everything
Fire up ninebot flasher and flash serial change firmware and change serial put 4th digit a T instead of R
Once you've updated the serial your lights work and error 35 will be gone.
Now either update your firmware with ninebot app or cfw with ninebot flasher in windows.

Headlight speed issue is caused by an internal breaker tripping (self resetting) and allowing the power draw from the headlight to distort the handlebar controls and thus the scooter goes slower. Easiest solution is to either unplug it, buy a more power friendly LED, or place a 33ohm 1/4watt resistor in between the regative connection from the dash to headlight.

Enjoy.
Last edited by wielandgeorg on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
vontron4k

Postby vontron4k Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:49 am

Thank you so much. I got lost flashing the ESC where i had to go to the address. you have to enter it in the field. i thought it was a drop down that never showed up. thanks again. going to try again next week
proplane64

Postby proplane64 Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Im trying to flash ESC with esc139_fulldump using ST LINK. Im getting the below error:

Failed to read memory "1FFFFA00"

Any ideas? Thx!
Eli.j5

Postby Eli.j5 Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Omg thank you for replying, it's been difficult finding people to help. Let me try and clarify my issues with the st link first: after everything is soldered and plugged in, with my st-link plugged into my computer and the stem32 utility open I press control+B and it says st-link not connected, as well as the blue status light on the st link itself is not lit. Now when I pull the 3.3v pin OUT of the st-link my computer makes the "device connected" sound, blue status on the st link turns on, and now when I press control+b another prompt says I need to connect through the target menu up top and maybe lower the frequency I'm trying to connect with; all with no 3.3v plug connected, when it is there's no response at all from anything. And as for the picture with the red circles I've attached it. Its should be noted after a while I deleted the 3.3v wire and tried holding it to either of the two resistors things with no different results

I'm having trouble adding a picture so here's the original link:
https://m.imgur.com/a/heG6ETh
Thank you again
Follow this pic for connection:
https://imgur.com/i6UewKA

Haven't yet flashed an esc as i did not had the need for. Have one for tests and in a day or so ill try out the procedure from Gastonz:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40#p230

Lol I'm following the same post as well. The picture I sent was from the first page of this topic, but I'll try the one you sent. One question, what do I do with the "reset" transistor circled in the picture as well?

Update
So I tried soldering with the picture you sent me and I got the same result. I took pictures of what my screen tells me this time though. I'll post them later
I am having the same issue so if a solution has been found I would greatly appreciate knowing about it thanks!
wielandgeorg

Postby wielandgeorg Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:03 am

eli.75

I think you are getting that error message because theres either something crossed out or not making contact! I've gotten that same "no stlink detected" message while probing the ESC with my BDM frame and it did not connect.

If you order you the BDM frame and use that it will be a lot easier and I bet it will work.

I've flashed a few china dashes now and it connects to those every single time the first try.

The esc usually takes a little bit of tinkering and I believe thats because there is a coating on the board. What I do is take a small pick and lightly scrape the contact area and and then set my needles on them and it works fine after that.

Also you know you have a good ground and 3v when on the ESC a solid red led lights up and a blinking green light which also turns solid once you connect to it.

Good luck!
Eli.j5

Postby Eli.j5 Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 am

eli.75

I think you are getting that error message because theres either something crossed out or not making contact! I've gotten that same "no stlink detected" message while probing the ESC with my BDM frame and it did not connect.

If you order you the BDM frame and use that it will be a lot easier and I bet it will work.

I've flashed a few china dashes now and it connects to those every single time the first try.

The esc usually takes a little bit of tinkering and I believe thats because there is a coating on the board. What I do is take a small pick and lightly scrape the contact area and and then set my needles on them and it works fine after that.

Also you know you have a good ground and 3v when on the ESC a solid red led lights up and a blinking green light which also turns solid once you connect to it.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I went back and resoldered my wires and sure enough it worked and I was able to reflash the esc and it works perfectly!
wielandgeorg

Postby wielandgeorg Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:00 pm

^^ glad you got it working! I figured it was just the connections
Drewsterkao

Postby Drewsterkao Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Would someone be able to post a pic of how they soldered (or pinned) to the esc? There's two different ones in this topic
iseckz

Postby iseckz Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:54 pm

would anyone be willing to ship a working dashboard already?
I just can't seem to be able to solder correctly. it just won't connect.
& in the process I think I desolder one of the points I needed.

ebay, paypal, cash app, post office with tracking number, zelle how every you want, and think it's best. I'll do it.

A lot have suggested a stand, but I see it sitting in my room collecting dust since I'm only going to convert my only one legal obtain es4.
proplane64

Postby proplane64 Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:20 am

eli.75

Good luck!

Thanks, wielandgeorg. I checked and i confirm all good soldered connections including the red/green lights light up and blink as you said. and, actually, i don't ever get an error that says 'no stlink detected'. what i get is an error that says "Failed to read memory "1FFFFA00"" after trying to flash ESC with esc139_fulldump using the ST LINK software. any further thoughts? thanks for your help!

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”