Using SNSC 2.X battery for other project?

DJClapMan

Using SNSC 2.X battery for other project?

Postby DJClapMan Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi! I don´t actually own a scooter, but live in a city with multiple rental scooter brands. Yesterday, I found what I believe to be a SNSC 2.3
battery on the ground next to some vandalized scooters. I decided to bring it home with the goal to be able to use it to build an e-bike.

Afaik there might be some problems getting 36 volts out of it without going into limp mode because the BMS needs to be able to talk to a ninebot board, which I don´t have because I literally found the baterry on the ground.

My question is: Is there a way to reflash/bypass the BMS so I can use the SNSC battery to power a DIY ebike while retaining the ability to charge it through the charging port in the battery?

Any help appreciated!
CDogg

Re: Using SNSC 2.X battery for other project?

Postby CDogg Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi! I don´t actually own a scooter, but live in a city with multiple rental scooter brands. Yesterday, I found what I believe to be a SNSC 2.3
battery on the ground next to some vandalized scooters. I decided to bring it home with the goal to be able to use it to build an e-bike.

Afaik there might be some problems getting 36 volts out of it without going into limp mode because the BMS needs to be able to talk to a ninebot board, which I don´t have because I literally found the baterry on the ground.

My question is: Is there a way to reflash/bypass the BMS so I can use the SNSC battery to power a DIY ebike while retaining the ability to charge it through the charging port in the battery?

Any help appreciated!
Did you still need help with this? There is a thread somewhere in this forum about BMS flashing that a thorough search should yield. Also, I'm curious what battery you actually have? Both the ES4 and Max G30 rental scooters had 36v batteries. If you have a Max battery, it's rated for 15000mah where the ES4 had dual 5300mah = 10600mah. The max battery looks like a giant brick where the ES4 batteries are cylindrical. So pretty different BMS for each.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”