ScootExpo ES4 + CFW? (re-branded lime scooter)

ajmboarding

ScootExpo ES4 + CFW? (re-branded lime scooter)

Postby ajmboarding Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:26 am

I'm normally an e-board rider so I'm new to the scooter world. Newbie apologies in advance.

Anyways, Picked up one of these Es4's from ScootExpo that were going to be lime scooters.

Link to scooter: https://scootexpo.com/products/scootexp ... ickscooter

Question #1
Will I be able to load up a CFW without doing a hardware mod since it has Bluetooth connectivity? Or will I still need to break out the solder gun and get an st-link?

Question #2
Can the es4 do top speed of 40kph with CFW since it has the external battery pack or is still going to be limited to 35kph (as stated In the cfw builder)

If anyone has done it already, and hasn't posted a tutorial for it, I highly recommend it, I'm sure a bunch of people will be scooping these for $500. Willing to make a donation if someone does make a tutorial for everyone on here. 🙂
CDogg

Re: ScootExpo ES4 + CFW? (re-branded lime scooter)

Postby CDogg Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:22 am

I have a bunch of these Lime surplus (Scoot Expo) scooters in my shop right now. They're no different from any of the standard ES4's you find at retail stores except for the lack of folding and a few cosmetic differences.

You'll be glad to know that there is a flashing tut for this scooter already posted here at scooterhacking.org and it works the same for pretty much all models.

Some things you'll find are the same for every ESx model is that they all use the same dashboard. If you want to flash your scootexpo ES4,
you'll still need to remove the c15 capacitor on the dashboard and solder your ST-Link to it using the guide. You must do this before you can flash any cfw to your scooter.

If you don't want to deal with this step, I offer pre-flashed dashes and you can DM me for more info.
deadjawas

Re: ScootExpo ES4 + CFW? (re-branded lime scooter)

Postby deadjawas Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:14 pm

I flashed mine without any hardware mods. I used the firmware generator here and flashed with ES downG on a Samsung S9+. Dont forget to contrbute to the site when you download your firmware.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”