(TUT) Unlocking the Ninebot E-series (E22, E25, E45) to 28 km/h (30 on E45)

F0xMaster

Re: (TUT)(Updated) Unlocking the Ninebot E22E/D and E25E/D to 28 km/h

Postby F0xMaster Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi,

I have an E22 with an external battery.

Originally, it was 26 to 27 kph.

Tried the TUT, now it's 29 to 30 kph.

Any way this can go up?

By the way, N2GZ prefix worked for me not the N2GX

Thank you
Thank you for your reply.

N2GX was an early prefix, the guide has since been updated to N2GZ.
There is no way to increase the speed further, as we don't have a firmware generator for the e-series atm.
jrrdoyle

Postby jrrdoyle Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Whats the difference when inputting N2GZ vs what everyone has been using and known to work well with N2GT? This is what we have been using for a while on the ninebot ES4 and Max.
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:31 am

Whats the difference when inputting N2GZ vs what everyone has been using and known to work well with N2GT? This is what we have been using for a while on the ninebot ES4 and Max.
N2GZ is made for the Ninebot E-series and N2GT is made for the ES-series. They use different firmware so you have to use the new prefix. E-series is NOT the same as the ES-series. It's actually meant to replace the ES scooters.
viccs.89

Postby viccs.89 Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:14 pm

Hi,
I own Segway E22E with an external battery pack, so my top speed is by default around 26km/h.
Should this trick extend this even further like some of the other users reported or will this just stay at the current speed?
I changed the prefix on my serial number to N2GZ but everything seems to be the same in my case, no further speed increase beyond 26km/h.
tattottant8

Postby tattottant8 Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:17 pm

thanks for your job! I tried your trick and it worked fine but after serial number change my E22E never switched off until new update firmware (I didn't do it until now). it's an issue knew? can I retry with the last firmware version?
update: with the last firmware scooter takes new serial number N2GZ but nothing happen. infact with old firmware the scooter lost the light behind, now also with new serial number the light working properly. it's looks like doesn't change model of scooter for go over the limit of E22E

update2: with 100% of battery I go to 26.3 km/h
Last edited by tattottant8 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
onkelfarmor

Postby onkelfarmor Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Tried on E22E, serial is changed and Ninebot rebooted. But no effect. Any good reason?
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:07 am

Hi,
I own Segway E22E with an external battery pack, so my top speed is by default around 26km/h.
Should this trick extend this even further like some of the other users reported or will this just stay at the current speed?
I changed the prefix on my serial number to N2GZ but everything seems to be the same in my case, no further speed increase beyond 26km/h.
It should go 30 with the external battery. If it doesn't, then you can also try the N2GY prefix, which might help.
thanks for your job! I tried your trick and it worked fine but after serial number change my E22E never switched off until new update firmware (I didn't do it until now). it's an issue knew? can I retry with the last firmware version?
The guide has been confirmed working on DRV239, BLE203. I didn't test it on other versions but it should still work.
Tried on E22E, serial is changed and Ninebot rebooted. But no effect. Any good reason?
Can you see the new serial number in the Ninebot Flasher app? If you used IAP, try again on Ninebot Flasher.
davideRS

Postby davideRS Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:33 pm

HI,

without additional battery I changed the code to N2GZ and speed increased to 26km / h. Now I put additional battery but speed is always 26. what can I do? Do I have to try N2GY?
(I have master v 2.3.9 and BLE 2.0.3)
Thank you

Postby 522122 Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:08 am

I have E22E, changing the serial did speed it a little, but I have some concerns if it is even safe for the scooter.
I noticed some additional light options for (lights that the scooter does not have) in the app that were not there before.
Does this mean the firmware now thinks it is a different scooter? is the hardware in terms of battery, motor, ... the same for both serial numbers so I can consider this as safe? Which scooter actually has serial starting with N2GZ? My original was N2GG.
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:06 pm

HI,

without additional battery I changed the code to N2GZ and speed increased to 26km / h. Now I put additional battery but speed is always 26. what can I do? Do I have to try N2GY?
(I have master v 2.3.9 and BLE 2.0.3)
Thank you
Yes, try N2GY
I have E22E, changing the serial did speed it a little, but I have some concerns if it is even safe for the scooter.
I noticed some additional light options for (lights that the scooter does not have) in the app that were not there before.
Does this mean the firmware now thinks it is a different scooter? is the hardware in terms of battery, motor, ... the same for both serial numbers so I can consider this as safe? Which scooter actually has serial starting with N2GZ? My original was N2GG.
The N2GZ and N2GY prefixes are for the E25, which uses the same motor. The battery isn't an issue so it's completely safe.
The E22 is actually designed to go 26 km/h but because of some laws in different countries it's limited by it's firmware, we're just taking off that lock.
The light option won't do anything if you turn it on, and is completely safe. You can even use the LEDs if you buy them seperately and install them in some way.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”