Bought a LIME Es4 from Scoot Expo Not sure where to start

mjherm

Bought a LIME Es4 from Scoot Expo Not sure where to start

Postby mjherm Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello all,

I would like to update the firmware and change some settings and see if I can get the LED lights working.

I downloaded the latest iPhone app but it does not have an option to set the speed limit or for changing LED lights.

I am on firmware 1.5.1 and BLE 1.0.9 both batteries are 1.4.9.

I am not really sure what my options are. Can it be done by connecting the scooter to my PC? Do I need to disaseemble? I am a lost Noob please help :) haha.

I did do a search here for LIME and Scoot Expo but nothing came up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
CDogg

Re: Bought a LIME Es4 from Scoot Expo Not sure where to start

Postby CDogg Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:07 am

I wondered when the customers who purchased these would start showing up here. I have seen several of these scooters already and know the wholesalers who got shut down because ScootExpo stopped their ES4 supply. We'll save that story for another day.

So obviously, you are an eScooter noob (stop me anytime if I'm wrong) who purchased an ES4 and heard somewhere through the grapevine (or online) that you can reach 20mph and control the underglow LEDs using the Segway app if you perform "a simple flash." Does this sound about right?

Before one of the other scooter experts rip you a new one for not using the search properly and doing your homework before posting a question here (noobs usually get ignored), I'm going to save you the embarrassment and take you under my wing.

First off, make sure you have an ST-Link, a soldering iron, and some basic electronics knowledge..

Or you can send me a DM, and we'll go from there.
yesfx

Postby yesfx Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:09 pm

the Lime scooter i recovered from the river was considerably different than my other segway ESx scooters. used a different ESC/control board and dashboard, lots of different plugs too
deadjawas

Postby deadjawas Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 pm

You dont need to do a hardware flash. Google search firmware generator ES4. Make a firmware with the speedlimiter maxed and download the zip file. Then download a flasher app. I used ES down G for consistent results. I have multiple buddies scooter at this point. Some phones work better with different apps when flashing a scooter its real weird, but i that has been the most common problem/fix when a scooter wont flash properly(speed limiter wont change...)

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”