Ninebot IAP guide - how to flash your scooter with a cable

F0xMaster

Re: Ninebot IAP guide - how to flash your scooter with a cable

Postby F0xMaster Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:32 pm

So im pretty new to this hacking stuff done a few birds with aftermarket controls but not this kind i have purchased the cp2102 as well as the stlinkv2 my question is for the snsc 2.0 i see how to use tbe cp2102 on everything except the dash how do i flash that with cp2102 uart i see their is also another thread on using the stlink v2 but seems like lot more soldering for that method any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Plug in the dash to the controller, everything can be flashed using method 1 because every connection goes through the controller.
AiaceT

Postby AiaceT Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:14 am

@F0xMaster

trying to convert a SNSC2.1 Max with IoT (so I can use the 5 pin julet cable) using your amazing guide. Wich method you suggest? Method one or method four.
Thanks a lot for a reply
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:42 pm

@F0xMaster

trying to convert a SNSC2.1 Max with IoT (so I can use the 5 pin julet cable) using your amazing guide. Wich method you suggest? Method one or method four.
Thanks a lot for a reply
If it's not a Lyft scooter then method 1 would be the easiest and the most compatible. By the way, can you send me a pic of the scooter and some details such as the rental company it came from? You don't see a lot of 2.1s these days.

My email: [email protected]
Christree

Postby Christree Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:22 am

So im pretty new to this hacking stuff done a few birds with aftermarket controls but not this kind i have purchased the cp2102 as well as the stlinkv2 my question is for the snsc 2.0 i see how to use tbe cp2102 on everything except the dash how do i flash that with cp2102 uart i see their is also another thread on using the stlink v2 but seems like lot more soldering for that method any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Plug in the dash to the controller, everything can be flashed using method 1 because every connection goes through the controller.
Thanks FoxMaster for the reply so i can use method #1 for the 2.0 ? Not the method #4 ? That would be Awesome if thats the case thanks again FoxMaster
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Thanks FoxMaster for the reply so i can use method #1 for the 2.0 ? Not the method #4 ? That would be Awesome if thats the case thanks again FoxMaster
You should be able to flash every single part with method 1, though BMS might be a problem in some cases.
Christree

Postby Christree Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:21 am

You should be able to flash every single part with method 1, though BMS might be a problem in some cases.

Thanks again FoxMaster, so i was able to get the cp2102 connected but the dash starts flashing 32 and i tried to flash bms with bms134 as well as 155 and it just gets stuck at entering iap mode also not sure if this is okay but the info on the top right once cp2102 is connected has all in red inside of blue as in the thread pics and i dont get any numbers for the BMS just the other 2. Any idea what i might be doing wrong or not doing? I absolutely will be donating you have been great help thanks again.
AiaceT

Postby AiaceT Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 am

@F0xMaster

Thanks a lot for a reply
If it's not a Lyft scooter then method 1 would be the easiest and the most compatible. By the way, can you send me a pic of the scooter and some details such as the rental company it came from? You don't see a lot of 2.1s these days.

My email: [email protected]
Mail sent
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks again FoxMaster, so i was able to get the cp2102 connected but the dash starts flashing 32 and i tried to flash bms with bms134 as well as 155 and it just gets stuck at entering iap mode also not sure if this is okay but the info on the top right once cp2102 is connected has all in red inside of blue as in the thread pics and i dont get any numbers for the BMS just the other 2. Any idea what i might be doing wrong or not doing? I absolutely will be donating you have been great help thanks again.
Hi, sorry for not responding, my email notifications broke.

Red firmware in IAP just means it's a rental version. As I said before, BMS might be an issue. That is due to the BMS using the same serial rail as the IoT port. I'd suggest flashing the BLE first, then DRV and then proceeding with flashing the BMS via bluetooth. If that doesn't work, I'd say ST-Linking would be your only option.
AiaceT

Postby AiaceT Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi, sorry for not responding, my email notifications broke.

As I said before, BMS might be an issue.
That is due to the BMS using the same serial rail as the IoT port.
I'd suggest
(1) flashing the BLE first,
(2) then DRV and then proceeding with
(3) flashing the BMS via bluetooth.

If that doesn't work, I'd say ST-Linking would be your only option.
Thanks @Foxmaster for this suggestion.

My first goal is to swap the battery between the SNSC2.1 Max I work on and my G30LP.

Did you suggest to proceed following the step in the quote above?

Thanks a lot for a kindky reply
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:51 pm

Did you suggest to proceed following the step in the quote above?

Thanks a lot for a kindky reply
Well if you have a retail scooter you should be able to just swap the battery over and flash it via bluetooth, though that depends on the BMS firmware version, as it might have flashing locked.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”