Dashboard flashing over BLE

mihan65

Dashboard flashing over BLE

Postby mihan65 Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:48 am

Hey,

i saw somewhere the ble-bin file for the dashboard, is it possible to flash the ble over the es_downg?
does anyone tried it?

i mean of course if the dash has oem fw, not a custom rental one
Lothean
Site Admin

Re: Dashboard flashing over BLE

Postby Lothean Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:30 pm

Hey :D
You spotted something new, indeed!
I added this file in prevision of the arrival of NineRiFt since BLE can be flashed through py9b :)
mihan65

Postby mihan65 Thu May 02, 2019 8:22 am

I added this file in prevision of the arrival of NineRiFt since BLE can be flashed through py9b :)
but maybe u tried to flash it over the android app?
i haven't tested the dash, but i know, that the mainboard while it is flashed just saves the fw to a "tmp folder" and if the last byte was sent, the checksum is checked and just after it it will be uploaded to the cpu. so it might be a possibility to flash the dash, maybe i'll test it as soon as i have more time ;)
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Thu May 02, 2019 4:03 pm

i haven't tested the dash, but i know, that the mainboard while it is flashed just saves the fw to a "tmp folder" and if the last byte was sent, the checksum is checked and just after it it will be uploaded to the cpu. so it might be a possibility to flash the dash, maybe i'll test it as soon as i have more time ;)
I flashed it (in a way I can't describe here for the moment, sorry), and yes it works ;)
Your description for updating is almost accurate ;)
mihan65

Postby mihan65 Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 am

I flashed it (in a way I can't describe here for the moment, sorry), and yes it works ;)
ah if it worked, than i know how to flash the ble, was just wondering if it works correct.
btw is this info to flash ble is private? what for?
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Mon May 06, 2019 7:51 pm

ah if it worked, than i know how to flash the ble, was just wondering if it works correct.
Because the way I flashed BLE could allow people to do it on rentals :)
mihan65

Postby mihan65 Wed May 08, 2019 10:03 am

yep, but only on those rentals, where ble is active
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Wed May 08, 2019 5:47 pm

No.. and that's the catch
parasite

Postby parasite Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 am

No.. and that's the catch
I would really appreciate some help on how to flash some dashes i have. I have fully mechanically functional scooters but the dash display only flickers when being turned on then no longer shows any information. Button still works to turn the scooter and lights on and off but no connecting to the segway app. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't ble enabled but they just aren't showing up in scans. I already have python, NineRift/py9B and RainbowBridge but without being able to identify the scooters bluetooth i can't get any further . I was hoping you could please help me out so i don't have to buy an st link and i can get what i need done faster and more conveniently. I humbly plead for your help and knowledge. ;)
xz81

Postby xz81 Wed May 22, 2019 8:47 am

I don't have any, but I enjoy reading this sites, playing with motors, arduinos, bluetooth and this information seems super interesting and endless fun.
For sure someone could use it on rentals, but there are a lot of things that people made to rentals. Changing a handle with flashed dashboard only requires four bolts and one connector (~30 seconds?)
Wishing you to rethinking it and sharing the information ;)
Regards from a Spanish city without rentals

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”