How to flash your Ninebot Scooter

deflumte2

Re: How to flash your Ninebot Scooter

Postby deflumte2 Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:42 am

What is the exact connection layout you guys are using to reflash the es4, I can't seem to get past the 'flashed the mb with the full ble, that only seems to brick it as the screen doesn't display anything. Yet I can still reflash the thing, even with custom firmware from the creator site. I can't seem to get
the
###
ini
reset halt
nrf51 mass_erase
###
to work, errors out on INI as bad cmd. Ideas?
Brix

Postby Brix Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:29 pm

sorry made a typo its

init
Camper Joe

Postby Camper Joe Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi guys

I followed the guide posted in the beginning and did flashing part. Worked everything right from the start. Now I wanted to flash a CFW and downloaded the ninebot flasher for windows. If i scan I can see the scooter but I can't connect. If I open the segway ninebot app I can connect to the scooter but there appears an unknown error.

Does anyone have a idea what the problem might be? At the moment I have no access to an andorid phone so I can only try it with the ninebot flasher on my laptop.

This problem appears with both dashboards. One from amazone and the original one. I haven't done any changes to other parts (BMS and so on).

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
rlujan

Postby rlujan Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Lo he probado en mi ES4 y funciona perfecto.
Por supuesto, tendréis mi aporte.

Ya os iré contando mi experiencia.
Alex

Postby Alex Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:21 am

I have a copy dashboard from aliexpress. (BLE 1.00). My first flash failed due some memory issues, I add "set WORKAREASIZE 0" after the next flash the dashboard was KO.

After flashing with a mass_erase the dashboard works fine but It's impossible to change the name of BLE.

Any ideas ?
Alex

Postby Alex Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:11 am

Hi guys

I followed the guide posted in the beginning and did flashing part. Worked everything right from the start. Now I wanted to flash a CFW and downloaded the ninebot flasher for windows. If i scan I can see the scooter but I can't connect. If I open the segway ninebot app I can connect to the scooter but there appears an unknown error.

Does anyone have a idea what the problem might be? At the moment I have no access to an andorid phone so I can only try it with the ninebot flasher on my laptop.

This problem appears with both dashboards. One from amazone and the original one. I haven't done any changes to other parts (BMS and so on).

Hello, same problem when my 2 battery have différents version. To solve IT i do an ugrade from my android (an old modile phone only for that) after that I do upgrade from my windows 10 ( more easy to test firmeware ans change serial)
Vince

Postby Vince Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:14 pm

to flash a clone dashboard add these steps

Open Telnet using this command in this new window: telnet 127.0.0.1 4444
type

init
reset halt
nrf51 mass_erase

Now it’s time for the flashing part, copy the dashboard firmware file (full_BLE.bin) to the OpenOCD folder (at the root, not bin or any other folder)
run this command: program full_BLE.bin
Done! Now it should be using original Ninebot firmware.
The dash has now been converted successfully to a real OEM dash!
Thank you Brix, it worked for my bricked dash from Ali!
Camper Joe

Postby Camper Joe Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi guys

Hello, same problem when my 2 battery have différents version. To solve IT i do an ugrade from my android (an old modile phone only for that) after that I do upgrade from my windows 10 ( more easy to test firmeware ans change serial)
hi Vince

Thanks for you answer. Can you explain me more what kind of upgrade you did with the phone? Why do the two batterys have different versions?
GabrielB

Postby GabrielB Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 pm

First of all: great guide!

HW:
- RPi 3 B+
- OEM Dashboard with nrf51802
Wiring:
- GPIO 24 <-> SDW_IO
- GPIO 25 <-> SDW_CLK
- 3.3V and Ground-Rail <-> 3.3V ...
SW:
- OpenOCD
- full_BLE.bin

I did follow your guide and the second one on this forum (Flashing using RPi), but always run into the following error message when trying to flash it:

Code: Select all

> program full_BLE.bin target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread xPSR: 0xc1000000 pc: 0x000006d0 msp: 0x000007c0 ** Programming Started ** SWD DPIDR 0x0bb11477 Failed to read memory at 0x4001e400 Couldn't read NVMC_READY register Failed to erase reg: 0x4001e508 val: 0x0002b000 failed erasing sectors 0 to 255 embedded:startup.tcl:449: Error: ** Programming Failed ** in procedure 'program' in procedure 'program_error' called at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 508 at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 449
I even tried to convert the full_BLE.bin (Binary) to a Hex-Version. This just gave me the same error, although the "Failed to read memory at..."-Number was higher. The wiring is 100% correct and was checked with a multimeter. I also ran the Erase-commands for cloned Dashboards and checked the Status.

Code: Select all

> flash erase_check 0 not enough working area available(requested 36) Running slow fallback erase check - add working memory SWD DPIDR 0x0bb11477 Failed to read memory at 0x00025d1c embedded:startup.tcl:449: Error: unknown error when checking erase state of flash bank #0 at 0x00000000 #152: 0x00026000 (0x400 1kB) not erased #153: 0x00026400 (0x400 1kB) not erased ... #255: 0x0003fc00 (0x400 1kB) not erased in procedure 'program' in procedure 'program_error' called at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 508 at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 449 > flash erase_check 1 not enough working area available(requested 36) Running slow fallback erase check - add working memory successfully checked erase state Bank is erased > flash info 0 #0 : nrf51 at 0x00000000, size 0x00040000, buswidth 1, chipwidth 1 # 0: 0x00000000 (0x400 1kB) not protected ...
I'm dying to solve this problem and would appreciate any help from you guys.
GabrielB

Postby GabrielB Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:09 pm

I tried a RPi 1 instead of 3 and it worked!

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”