[UPDATED] Activate a new controller / change serial number (BLE, ST Link)

Camper Joe

Re: HOW TO : Activate a new controller / change serial number

Postby Camper Joe Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:24 pm

A purely theoretical question. On the subject of BMS programmings it possible to change the serial number of both batteries with a similar method as the motherboard or in some other way.
Alternatively, if you can write a different battery capacity to bms, it would be useful to use some kind of tool to help increase the number of cells, but so that bms can see this capacity
Also wondering if it is possible to change the serial numbers of both batteries...? Any updates on this?
zootyboy

Postby zootyboy Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:56 am

Hi,

The Ninebot-Flasher dont't connect to my scooter. It is shown, «IsPaired:False, IsConnected:False, IsConnectable:True». But nothing happens when I click «connect», there's no error message - simply nothing at all. Android tools like ESDownG works fine... Is it possible to check some app logs or something?
kiki626

Postby kiki626 Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:15 am

Anyone know how the serial number is generated? Specifically how exactly you take a serial and convert it into the command that gets pasted into ninebot flasher?

Something like this:

Take original serial, convert to hash of DRV version and add 2 to the second digit, output, etc.

Looking to amend a program to include this functionality but i cant find the info anywhere
michachael

Postby michachael Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Requirements :
  • Bluetooth LE-enabled Windows 10 PC
  • Latest Ninebot Flasher version from the Microsoft Store
Damn it, I only have Mac :|
I guess there is no other option than to find a friend with a Windows 10 laptop, right?

EDIT: I will try Boot Camp, hopefully this works
Maddy el

Postby Maddy el Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:12 am

As you might know, it has become impossible to activate a new controller or change a serial number since the Ninebot service account went offline.

Today, we're introducing a new method that does not require Ninebot to be part of the process.

Requirements :
  • Bluetooth LE-enabled Windows 10 PC
  • Latest Ninebot Flasher version from the Microsoft Store
  • The new serial number you want to use
  • The Ninebot electric scooter you want to activate
  • A brain
Step 1 : Flash a CFW that allows serial number changing

Open Ninebot Flasher and connect to your scooter
Click on OpenFile
Download and select this file
Click on Flash
After Done 100% is displayed, reboot your scooter, and connect to it again

Step 2 : Send the serial number changing command

Generate the command to send by clicking here
Put your new SN in the text box and click Ok
Your command should look like this : 3e2102104e3347534b3138334a4350313139
Click on GetVersion while connected to your scooter in Ninebot Flasher
Press Ctrl+Shift+M and paste your command.
If all done correctly, it should look like this:
Press SendCmd
Press SerialNumber. If it worked, you should see your new Serial Number.

Step 3 : Restore your old firmware
Using Ninebot Flasher or any other flashing application, make sure to flash back the old firmware you had.
You can also update using the Segway app.
Make sure you don't keep this firmware, as it might create dangerous security breaches.

it's done! :D

I’ve done all the steps, multiple times, with different softwares. Nothing Works for me.
Ive Got a China dashboard, and a voi controller.

Scooter still alarms when i move it, please help me
UgloBuglo

Postby UgloBuglo Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:08 pm

I’ve done all the steps, multiple times, with different softwares. Nothing Works for me.

Have you left the Voi box with GPS & alarm on the scooter? Or what do you mean by "it still alarms when I move it"?
banshin11

Postby banshin11 Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello everyone! I have done the propersteps with the st-link and es down g works! I can connect it with segway app but it now complains about invalid serial number? I opened up ninebot flasher but the scooter does NOT show up, i have bluetooth 4.0 but my computer just won't find the scooter.

The scooter does not show up in bluetooth devices on my phone either but it does so on the ESDOWNG app.
Maddy el

Postby Maddy el Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Have you left the Voi box with GPS & alarm on the scooter? Or what do you mean by "it still alarms when I move it"?

Yes ive removed the gps module. what i meant was, the scooter is beeping, and the brake lights is flashing
South9083

Postby South9083 Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14 am

Es4 with new display (already used st-link for firmware), getting error 10 and both the Android app and windows app will connect to scooter but won't show any information or let me load sn. Any ideas?
michachael

Postby michachael Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:38 am

Step 1 : Flash a CFW that allows serial number changing
Step 2 : Send the serial number changing command
Step 3 : Restore your old firmware
it's done! :D
THANK YOU!!!

For the people having a speed limit on their ES2 (= ES2 LITE, for example in Switzerland), you can remove this 20KM/h speed limit by changing your serial number. I can confirm that this method here described perfectly works (august 2019). Tested with a ES2 LITE (Switzerland). I did all the steps described, except I did not restart the scooter after the custom firmware upload, because I had re-connection issues and the scooter restarted itself anyway. Now, without external battery, my average speed has increased from 20km/h to 23km/h with peaks to 25km/h. I'll be getting the external battery soon and will post an update here.

Which serial number to 'unlock' the speed from ES2 LITE to ES2 speeds? You need to change the 4th letter of your serial number, probably a 'U', to a 'T'. example: ABCU12345678 =>ABCT12345678

Afterwards, you can just reconnect with your phone app again and the app will ask you to update to the latest firmware. Yes, you should do that. You will see that the serial number is your new serial with the letter T instead of U.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”