[UPDATED] Activate a new controller / change serial number (BLE, ST Link)

Dzemox

Re: HOW TO : Activate a new controller / change serial number

Postby Dzemox Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi,

The Ninebot-Flasher dont't connect to my scooter. It is shown, «IsPaired:False, IsConnected:False, IsConnectable:True». But nothing happens when I click «connect», there's no error message - simply nothing at all. Android tools like ESDownG works fine... Is it possible to check some app logs or something?
Hello,
someone can help ?
I have the same problem :/
yagomango

Postby yagomango Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:44 am

Had the same problem.
I just re and disconnected a few times and then it worked.
However I can't guarantee it'll work.
sharpfoam

Re: [UPDATED] Activate a new controller / change serial number (BLE, ST Link)

Postby sharpfoam Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:57 pm

How do I change the eBMS serial number? in the latest version of Ninebot flasher I can't find those buttons anymore.
fivefingerdiscount

Postby fivefingerdiscount Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:10 am

Nice write up and thanks for the updates. I like the hex edit one because doing it all in one shot on same computer instead going out to find and buy a window 10 device . Before this updated EDU i edited all the serials in the bin file so I’m not sure that’s what’s causing my Bluetooth to goes out. I even swap the dash. Edit: I tried other iPhone and it find my scooter right away. So I guess the scooter software is glitchy. If u close the app while connecting to it, it’s later will forgot your phone and never let it connect again until different phone connected to it and power off from the scooter in order to connect to it again. Hopefully new software will fix it
Last edited by fivefingerdiscount on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I paid for dis shyt!
michachael

Postby michachael Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:52 am

Had the same problem.
I just re and disconnected a few times and then it worked.
However I can't guarantee it'll work.

I know how to solve this, as I had similar issue. I hope an admin can add this to the FAQ guide of Ninebot Flasher.

Here are the steps:
1. make sure your smartphone's bluetooth is off, so it cannot connect automatically with the scooter
2. turn on the scooter, you will normally see the bluetooth light flashing - This means it's searching to connect
3. open the ninebot flasher in windows (make sure your computer's bluetooth is on)*
4. press Start Scan
5. IMPORTANT: once you have found your scooter, press Stop Scan => I didn't do this step before, and I almost always failed to connect.
6. press Connect
7. Done

*if you don't have windows but mac, you can install Bootcamp from the official apple website, so you can install windows home 10 for free on your mac, next to your existing MacOS. This works. I do it like this.
michachael

Postby michachael Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 am

Do I need to change the BMS SN too, in order to get the speed I want? I flashed the custom firmware on the generator website scooterhacking, and also flashed the BMS and external BMS with the files on https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/

thank you
fivefingerdiscount

Postby fivefingerdiscount Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Do I need to change the BMS SN too, in order to get the speed I want? I flashed the custom firmware on the generator website scooterhacking, and also flashed the BMS and external BMS with the files on https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/

thank you
I’m a newbie and only converted one scooter. I think all u need is to flash it with CFW In sport settings or adjust the speed setting. In my experience I flashed it in all settings and it’s still only goes up to 17mph. Maybe because I only have about 25% on my battery idk. But if I do a a factory software update then it would only go up to 12mph.
I paid for dis shyt!
UgloBuglo

Postby UgloBuglo Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:58 am

Estimados

Soy novato en este tema tengo un SNSC y quiero cambiar el numero de serie para activar la opcion de luces

Como cargo el archivo editado en el metodo 2 ?
English please!

Anyway, you just flash the fulldump the usual way, with STLink or RPi. there are very comprehnsive instructions in this very forum.

I can see you have asked the same question about disco lights several times, are you even sure you have the LED's installed? They are not usually installed in an SNSC.
James007

Postby James007 Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:05 am

What benefit is there in changing the bms serial number? or under what circumstances might it be necessary to change it?
remove

Postby remove Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi!

Im trying to change serialnumber but i cant open the hexfile in ninebot-flasher on method 2.On method 3 i dont have GetVerison and nothing happens when i pers ctrl+shift+m. Can you help me?

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”