Flashing locked my scooter?

gabrys

Flashing locked my scooter?

Postby gabrys Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:35 pm

This is my first experience with flashing firmware to any scooter.

I have an e25e, created a firmware zip via https://esx.cfw.sh/classic (slightly bumped the max speed and was hoping it would add the cruise control) and flashed it with XiaoFlasher.

All was looking good, but at 100% flash progress I heard a metallic sound that I didn't recognize (I thought someone shut a door nearby). Later realized the rear wheel is locked up.

I searched around (I thought this would be described online if it was happening to more people) but I didn't find any relevant information.

What possibly happened and what can I do? Do I flash the original firmware back? I regret not having a screenshot of all the component versions before I started flashing.

BTW if this was all that was needed to brick a device, then I think they are not very secure, anyone can mess with your scooter as long as they are relatively close to it...
gabrys

Re: Flashing locked my scooter?

Postby gabrys Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:48 pm

This is the filename of the generated firmware: ESC2_DRV139-0x640a45e1.zip
gabrys

Postby gabrys Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:10 pm

Am I just stupid for flashing ESx firmware to my E2xx scooter? Or is the scooter stupid for accepting it?
gabrys

Postby gabrys Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:37 pm

After realizing what I did (flashed a custom ES2 firmware to an E25E scooter) I tried using ScooterHacking app to flash an original firmware (I selected v239) to the device. Thanks Lord this worked! After 100% of the upload was done I heard another heavy click (the brake release) and a beep and I could drive the scooter again. Phew, that was stressful 😅
superedan68

Postby superedan68 Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:32 am

Ensure that the flashing process was completed successfully without any interruptions. If the firmware was not installed correctly or if the wrong firmware was used, it could lead to malfunctions.
Watermelon Game
LloydReau

Postby LloydReau Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:25 am

Consider flashing the original firmware back onto the scooter. This can help revert any changes made during the custom firmware flashing process. Ensure that you use the correct firmware version for your specific scooter model.
rice purity test

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”