New firmware - same results

etairl

New firmware - same results

Postby etairl Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi,

I bought my es1 about 6 months ago. Today I purchased a 2nd battery as well. I am still not pleased with the speed which is limited to 25kmh per my country's regulations and so I decided to change the firmware using ESDownG.

I've successfully created and downloaded a new firmware that should raise the limit to 32kmh, loaded the zip file using ESDownG and flashed my firmware (percentages went from 0 to 99 and then Done). Checking the version once again assured me that the firmware change was successful. However, the speed is still limited to 25kmh.

Am I missing something? Should I disassemble the controller even though the firmware is supposedly updated successfully?

Thanks!
Last edited by etairl on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Re: New firmware - same results

Postby Alex Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 pm

To have the full power, you should charge both battery at 100%
DB Cooper

Postby DB Cooper Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi,

I bought my es1 about 6 months ago. Today I purchased a 2nd battery as well. I am still not pleased with the speed which is limited to 25kmh per my country's regulations and so I decided to change the firmware using ESDownG.

I've successfully created and downloaded a new firmware that should raise the limit to 32kmh, loaded the zip file using ESDownG and flashed my firmware (percentages went from 0 to 99 and then Done). Checking the version once again assured me that the firmware change was successful. However, the speed is still limited to 25kmh.

Am I missing something? Should I disassemble the controller even though the firmware is supposedly updated successfully?

Thanks!
Hi, you've done all the right things, but ES1/ES3 has a hard top speed limit around 25 kph, it is not enforced via primary control firmware but lower level. Without heavy physical modification, it is not possible to get ES1 beyond 25 kph. Of course if you find a big hill and put KERS on weakest (or disable) you can free-wheel beyond 25 kph, but simply when the motor is activated, 25 kph is the hard limit regardless of CFW settings.
mihan65

Postby mihan65 Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks!
Hi, you've done all the right things, but ES1/ES3 has a hard top speed limit around 25 kph, it is not enforced via primary control firmware but lower level. Without heavy physical modification, it is not possible to get ES1 beyond 25 kph. Of course if you find a big hill and put KERS on weakest (or disable) you can free-wheel beyond 25 kph, but simply when the motor is activated, 25 kph is the hard limit regardless of CFW settings.
> 25 kph is the hard limit regardless of CFW settings
boolshit, it's possible. sn should be changed to the sn of the es2/4
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:24 pm

I JUST got the ninebot es3 from woot.com. i want to go a bit faster, were you able to change the sn number to es4 and get it to work or is there a hard stop at 25kmh? thanks ahead

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”