(TUT) Unlocking the Ninebot F-series (F20, F25, F30, F40) to 30 km/h (18.6 mph)

encryptize

Re: (TUT) Unlocking the Ninebot F-series (F20, F25, F30, F40) to 30 km/h (18.6 mph)

Postby encryptize Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:05 pm

BTW guys, do you have any guide regarding F series scooters and ST-Link hack? Haven't seen anyone doing it and wondering whether that would really work?
https://youtu.be/XrBXI-T3OA0
Danil14

Re: (TUT) Unlocking the Ninebot F-series (F20, F25, F30, F40) to 30 km/h (18.6 mph)

Postby Danil14 Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:26 pm

Just wondering, are there any plans for F65/G65 versions? :)
DrunkenPL

Postby DrunkenPL Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:53 am

BTW guys, do you have any guide regarding F series scooters and ST-Link hack? Haven't seen anyone doing it and wondering whether that would really work?
https://youtu.be/XrBXI-T3OA0
May God bless you.
gintommy

Postby gintommy Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:45 pm

Firmware 5.8.9. The change of region was successful, on the idling move shows 30 km/h. forgive English not native, translator.
F40 E is my Modell
Hello, I still have the drv 5.7.7 on it, since 5.8.9 should no longer be downgradeable without a controller change! I can also do the region change with SHU 2.0.4, only mine is still only 25 km/h. I also find that the acceleration is better with original region. LG
KnToad

Postby KnToad Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:35 am

I am in Australia and have a couple of F40A
I have successfully used the Xiaoflasher Android app to change the serial number on my F40A to change the max speed to 30kph.

I initially followed a Youtube video to use the app. However, once the app was connected to the scooter it did not give me the same options that were shown in the video. In the video there were various options to choose a region.

The only option it gave me was to change the serial number.

I found a reddit post that described changing the 4th letter of the serial number to change the region.
The region letter suggested was "E" for global to allow 30kph.

My original serial number was N5GRAxxxxxxxxx
I changed the serial to N5GEAxxxxxxxxx. I only changed the 4th letter from the original R to E, the rest of the serial number is unchanged.

After confirming the top speed had changed I switched the serial number back to the original serial number shown on the sticker on the bottom of the scooter and it went back to 25kph. In both settings there was no obvious changes to the acceleration or braking characteristics of the scooter.

For those saying they don't have an Android device, neither did I, I borrowed an older Android phone from a family member who was no longer using it. I will now keep it and use it as a scooter hacker. You can buy cheap android used phones on marketplace. Might be worth it for those who want to experiment and don;t have an android phone.

Haven't had an opportunity to test the battery life yet to confirm if it has a big effect on the battery life but I suspect it will.
scooterboy

Postby scooterboy Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:59 pm

Hi guys, I recently got hand on a Segway-Ninebot F20 (German version). I activated it using the SHU, and it turned out to have DRV 5.4.x installed. The SHU app is seemingly fully operable. However, the scooter will never reach higher speeds than 22km/h, no matter which operating mode is selected (like Global 30, EU 25,...). With the original SN, the scooter will go up to 20km/h only, with any adjusted SN, as stated, the maximum speed is somehow locked at 22. I could not find a way to go up to 25km/h at least.
All speeds tested freewheel. Any idea what could be the cause? Thanks in advance!
hey, I have the exact same issue. Locked to 22km/h. Did you find any solution?
DrunkenPL

Postby DrunkenPL Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:05 pm

I am in Australia and have a couple of F40A
I have successfully used the Xiaoflasher Android app to change the serial number on my F40A to change the max speed to 30kph.

I initially followed a Youtube video to use the app. However, once the app was connected to the scooter it did not give me the same options that were shown in the video. In the video there were various options to choose a region.

The only option it gave me was to change the serial number.

I found a reddit post that described changing the 4th letter of the serial number to change the region.
The region letter suggested was "E" for global to allow 30kph.

My original serial number was N5GRAxxxxxxxxx
I changed the serial to N5GEAxxxxxxxxx. I only changed the 4th letter from the original R to E, the rest of the serial number is unchanged.

After confirming the top speed had changed I switched the serial number back to the original serial number shown on the sticker on the bottom of the scooter and it went back to 25kph. In both settings there was no obvious changes to the acceleration or braking characteristics of the scooter.

For those saying they don't have an Android device, neither did I, I borrowed an older Android phone from a family member who was no longer using it. I will now keep it and use it as a scooter hacker. You can buy cheap android used phones on marketplace. Might be worth it for those who want to experiment and don;t have an android phone.

Haven't had an opportunity to test the battery life yet to confirm if it has a big effect on the battery life but I suspect it will.
Which FW version do you have?

I just tried with my F40 on 5.7.7 with Xiaoflasher from Play Store and after providing custom serial it beeps 3 times and resets back to the same state.
DON'T HAVE ANY EXPECTATIONS as it most likely won't work.
gintommy

Postby gintommy Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:15 am

hello, is it working now or not with the f40 e 5.7.7 on global with real 30kmh lt gps?
If I test while idling, it only reaches 26 km/h, and I don't want to upgrade to 5.8.9 if it's no longer hackable anyway? LG
karol.dzaman

Postby karol.dzaman Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:32 pm

I have the same question as above - is 5.7.7 a sentence? Because Im stuck on stupid German limit which is 20km/h - and no app seems to work
IamCJ

Postby IamCJ Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:42 pm

Ninebot F30D (20km/h):

So I had the same problem. Bought the scooter second hand. It came with DRV 5.8.4 which does not allow region hack.

I bought the SW-LINK USB dongle and took apart the F30D and pulled controller out and ran the ReFlasher 1.3 succesfully which did it's thing.

When I put the controller back in the scooter and turned it on. Everything work. I connected with the Scooterhackingutility (Android tool) and noticed the firmware was still 5.8.4. I could, though, choose to flash an older firmware into the scooter over bluetooth now. Then choose F30 Global (25km/t) . Then I opened the Ninebot official app and firmware upgraded to the latest firmware. Now it does 25km/h and is on latest firmware and all is well.

I am just wondering: The ReFlasher - what does it do? I thought it would simply upload the last hackable firmware but it didn't seem so or did the ScooterHacking Utility report a wrong firmware version?

/CJ

Return to “Other Ninebot Scooters”