BMS to ESC Communication Protocol

fdahl56

BMS to ESC Communication Protocol

Postby fdahl56 Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:38 pm

Hey all,

I bought a used Ninebot Max that powers up but has a 21 Error Code that I understand is a BMS communication error. I checked the battery and the voltage was proper, so I ordered a replacement BMS. I couldn't find the original BMS model, so I ordered B-G30-10S V1.0 from China. I replaced the BMS and I still get the same error. The LED indicator flashes blue. The Dashboard powers up, but after a few seconds the 21 Error returns.

I connected an oscilloscope, as well as a USB-TTL serial interface to the BMS communication connection and I have verified that there is data being sent in both directions. There is a short message from the ESC (just a couple of bytes) and then a return message from the BMS that is like 17 bytes. I have been trying to find the communication protocol so that I can decipher the messages in order to assist me in determining the problem. I have searched this forum as well as the main scooter hacking site and have been unable to locate this information. Does anyone know if the communication protocol has been published or reveres-engineered and where I might find it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
regularlyweighted

Re: BMS to ESC Communication Protocol

Postby regularlyweighted Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:09 am

I had the same error as you, I had my BMS replaced by a repairman but mine worked, apparently only some of the time.
run 3

Return to “Ninebot Max”