Tutorial!!! SNSC 2.3 Aka Ninebot Max Plus conversion

Spoooky

Re: Tutorial!!! SNSC 2.3 Aka Ninebot Max Plus conversion

Postby Spoooky Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:07 pm

Whal dash would you recommend? Do I need to reflash the dash or it will work properly as is? I have a voi one. Can I make the battery latch to open with a button?

Can I put another, faster motor on it and what motor should I look for? Will I need to reflash scooter or change some other parts with the motor? Native 25-30 km is too slow, I lack about 5-7 kmph to move with the traffic. And will this motorfit the drum brakes?

Looks like you have a normal Gen 1 Motor, Gen 2+ is better as i said, its plug an play, and yes, you can keep the back break.
ZODIAC_q

Postby ZODIAC_q Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:49 am

[quote=Spoooky post_id=3234 time=1661475635 user_id=3624]
In this tutorial we will talk about how to convert your Legaly aquired Ninebot max Plus which i will be referring to as SNSC 2.3 in this tutorial.

In this tutorial i am going to talk about the Voi one, Bolt and etc have slight changes that include the removal of an openly accesable IoT box and overall some difference‘s.

First of all you need
-STLink
-CP2102 UART flasher
-PC or Laptop with Ninebot IAP
And some patience :)

The very first thing were gonna do is flash the BMS, but be careful!!! There are 3 Batteries i know of,
1. 27800MAH not flashable with working BMS but can flash DRV on to to bypass it
2. newest Battery 300000MAH with 21700 cells!!!! Unknown if flashable, try BMS 153 if error also flash random DRV
3. 15300MAH battery model number NE1006-M1 flashable ✅
so what your gonna do if the legal seller didn’t do it already is remove the 3 screw holding in the IoT Box, and unplugging it, then unplug the interconnect cable from the Juliet Plug (the round green 5 pin), then you get something really thin like needles and wrap your CP2102 wires around them, the side with the arrow is the top, from there connect ground to the upper right RX beneath and TX at the bottom, DONT SWITCH UP SIDES!!! if you accidentally connect to the holes on the left you fry you adapter and probably your computers USB port as the one in the top left is the 36V output, once everything wired up you need to plug the battery in the Controller, now start Ninebot IAP on your pc and go to the serial tab, then find out in device manager on which port your CP2102 is and connect matchingly, if it says connected but no version infos showing switch up TX and RX, then you wanna enable Advanced settings in the Ninebot IAP app, after that you will flash the BMS, select BMS and then load from repo, select Ninebot max and upload BMS to your liking, that it, now everything should work, if not you did something wrong and probably bricked your BMS, which isnt that bad cuz then its 99% bypassed, if that happens go to Xiaodash and emulate the BMS, there is enough info on the internet.

So, the dashboard is a different story, first of all remove that pesky cover by getting rid of the sticker (yes its a sticker) and start unscrewing, then disconnect all the cables and throw it away, seriously, there isnt even an on button on there and adding one+flashing isn’t worth it, it also has no Speedometer only 3 dots, so throw it straight out and get a cheap replacement if possible original, fakes sometimes dont have a proper storage which causes them to brick after flashing over BLE.

Now for the hardest party, the Controller, this needs to be done via stlink, the Pinout is:
Square Pad=Ground
Middle one is SWDCLK
And the last it SWIDO
Connect your 5V on the battery connector on the Data pin in the center, DO NOT connect it to either the minus or the plus, this will cause your STLink to short out and your USB port too(speaking from experience), when connected disable readout protection and flash DRV to your liking, i you have problems, just look up a Ninebot max STLink guide, no need to rewire anything then its just plug‘n play, i haven’t found a place where to buy new dashboard cover, if YOU find one please send the link here :)

Hi, where i find
Square Pad=Ground
Middle one is SWDCLK
And the last it SWIDO
Can you send me pictures
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:43 am

UPDATE!!!

In the next 10 Days i will receive Dashboard covers for these scooters, PN me if interested.
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 am

In this tutorial we will talk about how to convert your Legaly aquired Ninebot max Plus which i will be referring to as SNSC 2.3 in this tutorial.

In this tutorial i am going to talk about the Voi one, Bolt and etc have slight changes that include the removal of an openly accesable IoT box and overall some difference‘s.

First of all you need
-STLink
-CP2102 UART flasher
-PC or Laptop with Ninebot IAP
And some patience :)

The very first thing were gonna do is flash the BMS, but be careful!!! There are 3 Batteries i know of,
1. 27800MAH not flashable with working BMS but can flash DRV on to to bypass it
2. newest Battery 300000MAH with 21700 cells!!!! Unknown if flashable, try BMS 153 if error also flash random DRV
3. 15300MAH battery model number NE1006-M1 flashable ✅
so what your gonna do if the legal seller didn’t do it already is remove the 3 screw holding in the IoT Box, and unplugging it, then unplug the interconnect cable from the Juliet Plug (the round green 5 pin), then you get something really thin like needles and wrap your CP2102 wires around them, the side with the arrow is the top, from there connect ground to the upper right RX beneath and TX at the bottom, DONT SWITCH UP SIDES!!! if you accidentally connect to the holes on the left you fry you adapter and probably your computers USB port as the one in the top left is the 36V output, once everything wired up you need to plug the battery in the Controller, now start Ninebot IAP on your pc and go to the serial tab, then find out in device manager on which port your CP2102 is and connect matchingly, if it says connected but no version infos showing switch up TX and RX, then you wanna enable Advanced settings in the Ninebot IAP app, after that you will flash the BMS, select BMS and then load from repo, select Ninebot max and upload BMS to your liking, that it, now everything should work, if not you did something wrong and probably bricked your BMS, which isnt that bad cuz then its 99% bypassed, if that happens go to Xiaodash and emulate the BMS, there is enough info on the internet.

So, the dashboard is a different story, first of all remove that pesky cover by getting rid of the sticker (yes its a sticker) and start unscrewing, then disconnect all the cables and throw it away, seriously, there isnt even an on button on there and adding one+flashing isn’t worth it, it also has no Speedometer only 3 dots, so throw it straight out and get a cheap replacement if possible original, fakes sometimes dont have a proper storage which causes them to brick after flashing over BLE.

Now for the hardest party, the Controller, this needs to be done via stlink, the Pinout is:
Square Pad=Ground
Middle one is SWDCLK
And the last it SWIDO
Connect your 5V on the battery connector on the Data pin in the center, DO NOT connect it to either the minus or the plus, this will cause your STLink to short out and your USB port too(speaking from experience), when connected disable readout protection and flash DRV to your liking, i you have problems, just look up a Ninebot max STLink guide, no need to rewire anything then its just plug‘n play, i haven’t found a place where to buy new dashboard cover, if YOU find one please send the link here :)

Hi, where i find
Square Pad=Ground
Middle one is SWDCLK
And the last it SWIDO
Can you send me pictures

The pads are on the back of the Controller (the side where no cables Connect) they are fairly close to the main power bus, if you still have trouble finding them look on another forum, they have pics of it posted.
HateHead666Dicksson

Postby HateHead666Dicksson Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:44 am

Waiting for that hex file patiently!
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:03 pm

I am still waiting for my battery to arrive but meanwhile i got the display cover pannels, they fit for Bolt,Voi, etc, pn me if interested
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:06 am

The conversion process for this particular scooter in the US doesn't totally work if you use a retail dashboard.
The ESC has a 36v powered comm cable to the IOT on the dash and therefor requires rewiring to use a stock dash.
On a side note, I would love to use the IOT dash that came inside the scooter and it appears that it can be flashed using the solder pads on the back. Has anyone done this or can provide some info on flashing this dash so all parts of the 2.3 can be used? I've already soldered a push button on mine and it seems to be working ok, but I get the error of course..

Thanks for the great tutorial btw!
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:59 pm

The conversion process for this particular scooter in the US doesn't totally work if you use a retail dashboard.
The ESC has a 36v powered comm cable to the IOT on the dash and therefor requires rewiring to use a stock dash.
On a side note, I would love to use the IOT dash that came inside the scooter and it appears that it can be flashed using the solder pads on the back. Has anyone done this or can provide some info on flashing this dash so all parts of the 2.3 can be used? I've already soldered a push button on mine and it seems to be working ok, but I get the error of course..

Hey, unfortunately this isn’t possible, stock software on G30 doesn’t work via GPS cable, i think the Voi scooters have the only plug‘n play ones, there isn’t even a Pinout on these Dash‘s, just random solder pads all over the board, just rewire a G30 Max Cable, and it should work.
CDogg

Postby CDogg Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:08 pm

Hey, unfortunately this isn’t possible, stock software on G30 doesn’t work via GPS cable, i think the Voi scooters have the only plug‘n play ones, there isn’t even a Pinout on these Dash‘s, just random solder pads all over the board, just rewire a G30 Max Cable, and it should work.
I figured as much and I'm probably not going to win the battle for useable hardware, but what I'm actually wanting to know is, for the sake of keeping this scooter pure, and also because I'm a curious cheapskate, how can we flash this expensive looking IOT dash with the stock firmware so at least the core display works for the ESC?
By all similar procedures for the original dash flash on the SNSC models, we connected the ST-Link to the I/O pin, clk, 5v and ground. Then by running the openOCD file for the fulldump and viola! Another bird could be set free (or kept as a pet).
If someone is willing to give this dash the ol college try and figure out a firmware for this dash, I have an extra one or two I can send for testing.
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:31 pm

I figured as much and I'm probably not going to win the battle for useable hardware, but what I'm actually wanting to know is, for the sake of keeping this scooter pure, and also because I'm a curious cheapskate, how can we flash this expensive looking IOT dash with the stock firmware so at least the core display works for the ESC?
By all similar procedures for the original dash flash on the SNSC models, we connected the ST-Link to the I/O pin, clk, 5v and ground. Then by running the openOCD file for the fulldump and viola! Another bird could be set free (or kept as a pet).
If someone is willing to give this dash the ol college try and figure out a firmware for this dash, I have an extra one or two I can send for testing.

Hmm, mind posting a picture to verify we are talking about the same Dash?

Return to “Ninebot Max”