Noob with a 50 dollar broken scooter

HiSPL

Noob with a 50 dollar broken scooter

Postby HiSPL Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:17 pm

Hi all. First post.

So I impulse bought a G30LP from craigslist for 50 bucks. Guy said the controller was fried. I have never owned an "E" anything, but have done a bit with RC cars and this isn't so different.

Anyway, got it home, opened it up and the bullet connectors were kentucky-fried. I stripped back to good wire and just twisted/etaped them together and the wheel is cogging and the scooter won't stay on.

I unplug the motor and then the scooter will stay on, gives me no errors (BMS and Dash are plugged in) and I can pair my phone to it.

Here's where it gets interesting:

This G30LP (I'm in the US) with the small battery has a G30D controller in it. The app thinks it has 40 miles of range on a full battery. I don't think the previous owner put this in. He wasn't too mechanically savvy.

So questions:
Did any US G30LP's come with the G30D?
What is the success rate on just replacing the mosfets and having a good controller afterward? (dash, lights, BMS, and app work fine with motor unplugged).
What are the Mosfet P/N's? Mine is still covered in silastic and I can't read them.

And one bonus question. If I hack this thing can I get the range in the app to read correctly?

Thanks all
HiSPL

Re: Noob with a 50 dollar broken scooter

Postby HiSPL Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:33 pm

Just got word back from the original owner. He bought it new on amazon and never replaced anything.

I figured as much. The loctite on the controller screws was still tight. It's never been out until I did it.

Return to “Ninebot Max”