Converted SPIN, when I accelerate it goes for few seconds and stops (like a fuse)

CDogg

Re: Converted SPIN, when I accelerate it goes for few seconds and stops (like a fuse)

Postby CDogg Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:26 am

So this problem repeats itself every time you power off and back on? If you're hearing a "pop" noise when the motor has a load, it's possible the pop you're hearing is one of the CIDs inside the battery is being tripped due to some over/under voltage issue, or you need to check the wiring from your battery to the ESC.
Typically, I run through troubleshooting steps until I find the point of failure. Check all connections and wiring, if you flashed ESC using ST-Link, make sure you didn't leave excess solder or debris that could short. If hardware looks good, try updating your serial #, and bms using xiaoflasher.
meister_sd

Re: Converted SPIN, when I accelerate it goes for few seconds and stops (like a fuse)

Postby meister_sd Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:57 am

Did you flash the battery BMS? Maybe try flashing again
CDogg

Postby CDogg Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:18 am

Hey there, any idea of the issue detailed in the subject?.

I converted a SPIN and everything looks good. I did not flash the BMS as it is apparently not necessary (could it be the cause?)

Only issue I have is that when I accelerate it goes well, good acceleration, good speed, but then suddenly stops after few seconds. I can hear a little "pop" from the battery/BMS (around that area). It does not stop when I accelerate without being on it. It only stops when I am on it.
I tried Eco, D and S and the same problem appears.
The problem is still present after tweaking with a Flashing Custom Firmware and XiaoFlasher..

Any idea or anyone already faced or read this issue on the forum - i searched but could not find similar issue?

Thanks a lot !!!
I know now exactly what you were talking about. Seems like this newest Max firmware 8.1.8 has an extra security measure built into the battery that affects the ESC and dash. The only way to defeat it was the old ST-Link method to bms and rolling it back. But if you have a Max with this battery firmware, it'll shut down the scooter once it detects a load on the motor. When I bench tested inside my shop, I had no issue running at 18mph. Put it back together and went for a test ride, and 10 secs later, beep and shutdown.
Has anyone else encountered this and maybe found a workaround or another solution??
rasmus14

Postby rasmus14 Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:37 am

NEED A SOLUTION ASAP
KagerouXD

Postby KagerouXD Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:04 am

I think I have read many solutions throughout this forum that this issue with the 10sec shutdown thing is related to the BMS so its either you do a bypass (solder the -ve wire direct to the battery) or you flash the BMS with STLink or IOT.
PotatoBill

Postby PotatoBill Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:52 am

Its 100% the firmware, 8.1.8 or what not. The way I fixed it is to open the batt, connect ST-Link , open STVP (stm8 flasher), and flash fulldump 1.3.4 hex. Then, flash the ESC with 1.2.6 CFW, enabling stealth mode and error reporting level 3, that will get it working normally and avoid an error code upon start.
hipohaha

Postby hipohaha Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:59 am

It only stops when I am on it. I tried Eco, D and S and the same problem appears. paper minecraft
deeznuts_pwned

Postby deeznuts_pwned Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:10 pm

battery bms firmware isn't right. rental bms firmware 346 cuts discharge current when it detects current draw under load. gotta crack open the battery to get at the debug pins and put that stlink to work. spin ain't no dummies... earlier versions had normal retail bms firmware 134 but they changed up to a rental firmware revision that will shut off the discharge current when load is detected. spin has stepped up their game making the batteries a pain in the ass to disassemble for access to the SWIM debug pins on the bms. a few i came across with the rental specific bms firmware had harder and stronger epoxy covering the screws inside the plastic housing... i don't know what the hell they used but if I had to guess id say it was jbweld, epoxy, shoe goo, and whatever dentists use for fillings all mixed together. loll 😂

Return to “Ninebot Max”