G30LE hack speed, serial N4GAD

FiFFiO

G30LE hack speed, serial N4GAD

Postby FiFFiO Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi guys,

any idea to unlock the G30LE max speed?

As you can see the image taken with XiaoFlasher, the serial of my new boy is N4GAD, thought for the Italian market.

As you may know, Ninebot KickScooter MAX G30LE is really similar to its big brother G30, they share many components but they aren't the same model.

My first idea is to try changing my region with XiaoFlasher (maybe setting US), but I'm a bit worried as I've never used this app and honestly I don't know how the "CHANGE REGION" button actually works. Moreover: in your opinion XiaoFlasher is yet compatible with my Ninebot model?

I'd really appreciate any comments and help,
Thank you in advance!
Last edited by FiFFiO on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moosah

Re: G30LE hack speed, serial N4GAD

Postby Moosah Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:00 pm

If it’s anything like the G30LP, changing the region works as far as unlocking the speed, but it screws up the range indicator in the ninebot app.

The app thinks it has the range of the G30 now so reads out an incorrect range remaining (e.g shows 65km range @ 100% instead of 40km range @ 100%).

Other than that it seems ok.
FiFFiO

Postby FiFFiO Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:38 am

Thank you Moosah.

I discovered that:
G30LP, [serials N4GND], limited to 30km/s,
G30LE, [serials N4GAD], European model, limited to 25km/s,
G30LD, [serials N4GMD], German model, limited to 20km/s .

I'd try to "upgrade" my G30LE into G30LP and see if I can reach 30km/h but without screwing up the range indicator or other internal features.

Maybe in a sooner future XiaoFlasher will be compatible with our models, in the meantime I would try to only change my serial to N4GND.
Does anyone know if changing the serial with XiaoFlasher also touches the firmware?

======
Edit 02/Dec/2020: added serials
Last edited by FiFFiO on Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elias77

Postby elias77 Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:38 pm

i'm italian too with a g30le....but the wrong percentage is only in the ninebot app or even on the display of the scooter? I wish a xiaoflasher update
FiFFiO

Postby FiFFiO Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:55 pm

I didn't hacked my Ninebot yet, I'm still a bit worried.

I updated my previous reply, adding the serials I've found here and asking if anyone knows if there is a way to change the serial without touching the firmware. My idea sticks to set my G30LE as G30LP model, with a N4GND serial
FerroFlood

Postby FerroFlood Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Hello.

First, i must thank you fellow italians for opening this thread, for giving me enough information to understand that the initial letters of the serial number for the MAX G30LE Isn't changed on my Electric scooter and the only thing that seems to be different is the BMS version that is 1.5.6.

Anyway, the only thing that keeps me on edge is how the ninebot app recognizes my scooter has a MAX G30 resulting in messing up the autonomy indicator, and so comes the question: Why, despite maintaining the same Serial has a G30LE, the official app doesn't recognize it has such?

In all this, i unlocked the 30km/h just fine, but i'll await your update and response for fixing this conundrum.
FiFFiO

Postby FiFFiO Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:53 pm

I finally have discovered how to hack G30LE/G30LD, setting the max speed to 30 km/h and without screwing up the range indicator.

This method is the safer I've found, it consists of changing only one letter in serial. My letter A became N, letting the firmware think my Ninebot is a G30LP model.

I have followed this:
  • Start XiaoFlasher and connect to your scooter
  • Take note of the original serial, mine was N4GAD2040K****. Do not lost it! This is unique and it should be restored for warranty reasons
  • Click "CHANGE REGION" button and select "Custom serial"
  • Set N4GND2040K**** as your new serial.
  • Reboot the Ninebot... and TaaaDaaan: speed limit is now 30 km/h and the cruise control appeared again even with the latest firmware
Do this procedure at your own risk,
Drive safe and don't forget to obey the laws!

Range indicator OK:

33km/h on free wheel:
julian993

Postby julian993 Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:40 pm

I finally have discovered how to hack G30LE/G30LD, setting the max speed to 30 km/h and without screwing up the range indicator.

This method is the safer I've found, it consists of changing only one letter in serial. My letter A became N, letting the firmware think my Ninebot is a G30LP model.

I have followed this:
  • Start XiaoFlasher and connect to your scooter
  • Take note of the original serial, mine was N4GAD2040K****. Do not lost it! This is unique and it should be restored for warranty reasons
  • Click "CHANGE REGION" button and select "Custom serial"
  • Set N4GND2040K**** as your new serial.
  • Reboot the Ninebot... and TaaaDaaan: speed limit is now 30 km/h and the cruise control appeared again even with the latest firmware
Do this procedure at your own risk,
Drive safe and don't forget to obey the laws!

Range indicator OK:

33km/h on free wheel:
Works like a charm, reached 31 km/h on streets !
nicoziatore

Postby nicoziatore Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:16 pm

It works fine. For what I know, at moment, it's the only way to increase the speed on this model.
I tried to upload also the g30max boost public/private firmware but didn't work very well. I had lost of power. We need to wait for good news.
SOAP

Postby SOAP Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:43 pm

After changing the Ninebot G30LE scooter serial number to letter N with Xiaoflasher, the speed changes to 10 eco, 20 drive and 30 sport? Or only change the speed in sport mode?

Return to “Ninebot Max”