Spin g30 max flash no longer working.

Mast3rshak3

Spin g30 max flash no longer working.

Postby Mast3rshak3 Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Ok, so I have 2 spin max scooters and I have pulled all components Battery, Dash and speed controller. I have flashed each one and verified that it was all good. I fully assembled the scooter and tested and I got nothing, no power at all to the dash. I ordered a OEM controller and a clone dash for the G30 and Install them and got a error 14 (Throttle issue) so after testing the resistance of the spin throttle and stock throttle the spin throttle is different and incompatible with the OEM dash software. After fixing that I had the default serial number error so i pulled my stock esc out and soldered swclk, swdio and grd and reprogrammed it with the 126full dump bin and the scooter now works.

In short I have verified that the ESC that I have isn't the same as the stock OEM unit.

Also when attempting to use the spin dash with the OEM controller I get a error 9.... not sure on that not a listed error anywere..

Any thoughts does anyone want to help me solve this?
CDogg

Re: Spin g30 max flash no longer working.

Postby CDogg Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:58 am

I do eScooter repair and flashing as a side hustle and work primarily on Segway stuff. I have a couple theories as to why the standard procedure didn't work for you. However, to be sure, you may want to elaborate a bit on your method, and what equipment/ apps you were using to execute. Also, how many G30's have you done successfully?
The reason I was asking for clarity, is that your post title is a bit alarmist and sounds like its absolute. Which is concerning for someone like me as I rely on the current methods for supplementing income.
There is some info on the web for recovering a fully bricked Max. It might be something you want to try as well.
Tbh, I would to take a look at your impossible ESC to see if I have luck using my methods. Of course, I would do this for free and send back the ESC either fixed or not. So you wouldn't have any risk, and at the very least, you'd get back a working ESC to keep as a backup or sell. I would just hope that you would leave nice review if I do get it working. If you're interested, send me a dm. Otherwise, good luck with the paperweight :)
Mast3rshak3

Postby Mast3rshak3 Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:59 pm

I do eScooter repair and flashing as a side hustle and work primarily on Segway stuff. I have a couple theories as to why the standard procedure didn't work for you. However, to be sure, you may want to elaborate a bit on your method, and what equipment/ apps you were using to execute. Also, how many G30's have you done successfully?
The reason I was asking for clarity, is that your post title is a bit alarmist and sounds like its absolute. Which is concerning for someone like me as I rely on the current methods for supplementing income.
There is some info on the web for recovering a fully bricked Max. It might be something you want to try as well.
Tbh, I would to take a look at your impossible ESC to see if I have luck using my methods. Of course, I would do this for free and send back the ESC either fixed or not. So you wouldn't have any risk, and at the very least, you'd get back a working ESC to keep as a backup or sell. I would just hope that you would leave nice review if I do get it working. If you're interested, send me a dm. Otherwise, good luck with the paperweight :)
Do you have a mic we could link up on some VOIP app like teamspeak or discord ect. I could plug everything in on myside we could do it all remotely
CDogg

Postby CDogg Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:39 am

Do you have a mic we could link up on some VOIP app like teamspeak or discord ect. I could plug everything in on myside we could do it all remotely
If you're on Android, you should have Hangouts. I'm in process of getting my Google Business page and you can search FRE3DOM Scooters to find me. (I'd post my contact info here, but I don't think that's allowed?)

Also, I was curious as to why you went through the trouble of taking them apart to flash everything? Do you have a dash from an ES1~4? Using this is the fastest way I've found to reset things..
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi CDogg,

Are you still offering service to help get a spin 2.0 working?

Return to “Ninebot Max”