[Full Tutorial] How to convert a Ninebot Max (G30) for Personal Use (ESC/BMS/BLE Flashing, Rewiring, and CFW)

Saulofjr

ST-Link wont communicate

Postby Saulofjr Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:36 pm

During the BMS dump I keep getting an error stating that the STVP program cannot communicate with the device. Any idea what the solution is?
JaxsonScooterz

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to convert a Ninebot Max (G30) for Personal Use (ESC/BMS/BLE Flashing, Rewiring, and CFW)

Postby JaxsonScooterz Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:07 pm

Hello, I have gotten a new laptop and lost my old files I was able to get visual programmer and the controller flashers but can anyone tell me how to get BLE 555 connect_dashboard ? everything Im downloading is ending up not working. thanks.
nabilgates

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to convert a Ninebot Max (G30) for Personal Use (ESC/BMS/BLE Flashing, Rewiring, and CFW)

Postby nabilgates Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:47 pm

Hello,
I have a voi (snsc 2.3)
with two brakes
and front and rear turn signals
===========================
Here is what I have done so far:
BLE = 555
DRV = 126 complete + CFW
original battery no flash no modification
===========================
when I turn on the scooter with the on off button
the scooter turns on every other time without error
bluetooth ok
the turn signal button does not work! no flashing possible!
brake lights ok, headlight ok

when I accelerate the scooter goes forward and then stops after 13 sc ....

if anyone has an idea!
tone_loc88

Postby tone_loc88 Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:27 pm

I've been building a scooter that's a compilation of spin snsc 2.3.2 and max g30.
battery- snsc 2.3.2 w/ max g30 bms
dashboard-max g30
esc- xbot controller max g30 and charging board.

for some reason when everything is hooked up I need to hold down the dashboard button to get the dash to have power. as soon as I let go of button, it shuts down. any idea why? I've tried 2 diff dashes
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:46 am

I've been building a scooter that's a compilation of spin snsc 2.3.2 and max g30.
dashboard-max g30

for some reason when everything is hooked up I need to hold down the dashboard button to get the dash to have power. as soon as I let go of button, it shuts down. any idea why? I've tried 2 diff dashes
IF you're using the SNSC 2.3 battery from Spin or Tier, Lyft (maybe others too) then you likely have a security protected battery that shuts off under load or improper communication with the ESC. I would try flashing your battery bms with a stock firmware
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:46 am

dashboard-max g30

IF you're using the SNSC 2.3 battery from Spin or Tier, Lyft (maybe others too) then you likely have a security protected battery that shuts off under load or improper communication with the ESC. I would try flashing your battery bms with a stock firmware
rich

Postby rich Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:06 pm

edited
Last edited by rich on Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rich

Postby rich Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:02 pm

The link to the Max ST-Link Dash BLE555 Autoprogrammer has changed, it now provides 2 other links to download, which only 1 of them works. And it doesn't have the connect_dashboard.bat file.

Does anyone know if it's any of these other .bat files, or has the old toolkit they can upload and share?

There is no readme in this toolkit.

Here's a screenshot of what files are contained in the folder
https://i.imgur.com/BQaXeYp.png
rich

Postby rich Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:22 pm

The fixed version of the "Max ST-Link Dash BLE555 Autoprogrammer" seems considerably different than what's shown in the tutorial. The list of files and directories at the top level directory is quite different.

But most importantly, the file "connect_dashboard.bat" is nowhere to be found!

I would imagine that either the file "flash_BLE555.bat" or "flash_BLE555_clone.bat" should accomplish the desired goal. But it certainly would be nice to have some confirmation of that. And, quite frankly, I'm afraid to proceed without any assurance of which file I should use.

Adding a file called "README update" (or something similar) seems like it would be a very helpful and good idea to inform & put at ease anyone attempting to follow this tutorial. You could include a brief description/explanation for the various .bat files in the new version; and something to help users select the file they need to open to complete "Part 1".

My question is: Which file should I open in lieu of "connect_dashboard.bat"???

(FYI BTW: The dashboard I'm flashing is for a former Lyft scooter; this dashboard also came without the C2 capacitor to begin with…)

Edit/addendum: So, I have also found a significant problem with the "flash_BLE555.bat" file! It fails completely because it is missing important commands. This can (presumably) be resolved by copying from the other batch files.

Thank you so much!
Did you ever get this solved? The Autoprogrammer link has changed and provides 2 links to download the toolkit, which only 1 of them works, and like you said it is missing the crucial `connect_dashboard.bat` file- so I'm hoping you found a work around on which of these .bat files does the job? Also made a post to see if anyone has the original folder with the connect_dashboard.bat file in it they could upload to share.

Thanks
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:51 am

Thank you! Was able to successfully flash a NIB rental scooter battery to retail for use in my scooter. All thanks to this extremely helpful thread. :)

Return to “Ninebot Max”