[Full Tutorial] How to convert a Ninebot Max (G30) for Personal Use (ESC/BMS/BLE Flashing, Rewiring, and CFW)

igorsldk

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to convert a Ninebot Max (G30) for Personal Use (ESC/BMS/BLE Flashing, Rewiring, and CFW)

Postby igorsldk Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Did you correctly designate the connection to the BMS? Do you have a red wire on the GND - and a black wire on the VCC+ ??? Maybe its misspelled...This can lead to a breakdown of the BMS !
igorsldk

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to convert a Ninebot Max (G30) for Personal Use (ESC/BMS/BLE Flashing, Rewiring, and CFW)

Postby igorsldk Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Santa left for the north pole and does not give answers. I replaced the BMS with another. Its easier...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DwDbYp ... p=drivesdk
Colmar

Postby Colmar Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:33 am

This is an easy way to flash a SPIN scooter through the GPS module without any soldering or taking apart the scooter.
https://youtu.be/47he0gGVpHQ
bilzbub

Postby bilzbub Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 am

can the bms just be bypassed?
elkiko562

Postby elkiko562 Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 am

What about the new lyft scooter that have removable batteries? Any info on this model?
AuralArch

Postby AuralArch Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:52 pm

The fixed version of the "Max ST-Link Dash BLE555 Autoprogrammer" seems considerably different than what's shown in the tutorial. The list of files and directories at the top level directory is quite different.

But most importantly, the file "connect_dashboard.bat" is nowhere to be found!

I would imagine that either the file "flash_BLE555.bat" or "flash_BLE555_clone.bat" should accomplish the desired goal. But it certainly would be nice to have some confirmation of that. And, quite frankly, I'm afraid to proceed without any assurance of which file I should use.

Adding a file called "README update" (or something similar) seems like it would be a very helpful and good idea to inform & put at ease anyone attempting to follow this tutorial. You could include a brief description/explanation for the various .bat files in the new version; and something to help users select the file they need to open to complete "Part 1".

My question is: Which file should I open in lieu of "connect_dashboard.bat"???

(FYI BTW: The dashboard I'm flashing is for a former Lyft scooter; this dashboard also came without the C2 capacitor to begin with…)

Edit/addendum: So, I have also found a significant problem with the "flash_BLE555.bat" file! It fails completely because it is missing important commands. This can (presumably) be resolved by copying from the other batch files.

Thank you so much!
Last edited by AuralArch on Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akam

Postby Akam Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:24 pm

Be careful flashing the dashboard because I already have done 2 wrong and they never turned on again I think I need to look for the right firmware but right now I have 2 bricket dashboards
Nrg902

Postby Nrg902 Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:56 am

Credit to @Heimdal for helping me figure this out!

FYI for everyone using these instructions. if you have had issues where your ESC with rental FW will not connect to STLink, follow these directions below:

Step 1: orient the ESC so that the connectors are on the bottom left corner and giant capacitor is on the top right. remove potting on the lower side of the processor and the components near that area (see photo for reference). the capacitor circled in red is the only important one to be reachable.

https://imgur.com/a/UU4IT9d

Step 2: solder GND, CLK, SWIO, and power (5V on white connector or 3.3V on cap near CPU, whichever you prefer) and plug ESC into STLink into PC as if you are going to flash.
Can u show a picture of which pin on what connector? Or which cap? Other 2 max I flashed esc didnt need 5v. Flashed fine. These 2 are like bricked. Wont let me remove write protection. All are spin. Going to try what u suggested but not sure of where to put 5v. Thanks for your help
waffers

Postby waffers Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:52 am

I was able to flash bms by first unhook power or letting the battery die, unhook the 12 or so wire cable the connects to the bms, the led will stop altogether and you can backup program memory and flash it, although i wasn't able to backup data memory until after I flashed program

Return to “Ninebot Max”