CFW from DRV119 using ESx Dash - Not Updating

bigrizz

Re: CFW from DRV119 using ESx Dash - Not Updating

Postby bigrizz Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:06 am

I would also like to know what resistance rating is needed for each potentiometer to remove the errors (1k/5k/10k/100k ohms?). Is it possible to plug the brake/gas cables from the ES dash into the gas and brake levers for the M365 (since I have one of those as well)? The connectors look like they should fit.
1. Ideally, 1k or 5k potentiometer, but it may be different.
2. Yes, you can.
For others looking to try this, I used a 5k linear potentiometer and it worked exactly as described.
bigrizz

Postby bigrizz Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:36 am

If you have Error 14 or Error 15 you have to get rid of it first. To do so, you must simulate the connection of a brake lever and a gas lever. This can be done by connecting two potentiometers for each cable, one for the brake and one for the gas.
Thanks for that. I was pulling my hair out trying to work out why I couldn't flash and this I think is the answer. Do you know what type of connectors are used on the ES dashboard? I'd rather make up some cables with connectors so I don't have to cut the cables. At a guess, they are some form of JST connector. I think the pitch is about 1mm.
A response to my own post, I had some Dupont patch leads kicking about in my kit, so I jammed those into the holes of the female connector and the pins of the male connector, so I wouldn't need to hack off the connectors. Attached it all up to my potentiometers and after twiddling the pots, wham, it all worked - no soldering required.
Birdo

Postby Birdo Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Been away on holiday so didn't have a chance to do this but picked up two 5K ohm Trimpots and wired them in to the ESx Dash. Didn't take much adjustment to get rid of error 14 and 15 then ran the ES_DownG and it flashed this time. Now shows as DRV 526 (version Spoofing enabled).

A free spin on the ground shows 31 on the dash instead of 30 and will take it out soon to see if it feels any better. I just changed the max speed to 35 and the power to 48000, I don't think the speed setting will happen even with the serial changed.

Andrew

Return to “Ninebot Max”