Needed :
  • ST-Link V2
  • Soldering gear
  • Tools
  • Windows computer
  • The full dump file [Download]
  • ST-Link STM utility [Download]
How-to:
  • Undo the screws of the bottom plate of the scooter deck to access the internals.
    This should reveal the ESC, along with its potting compound
    If you can flash while the ESC is still attached to the scooter, you can stop disassembling.
    Otherwise, extract the ESC. If you chose this option, you will have to supply power to the ESC (red and black wire of BMS @ 5V).
  • Hook up your ST-Link according to the following wiring instructions:
    You will need to remove the potting compound at these locations, I recommend using a plastic tool to not damage the PCB
  • (install ST-Link drivers)
  • Open ST-Link utility and connect to the ESC
  • Press B to disable readout-protection
  • Go to address 0x1FFFF7E8
  • Copy the 3 first bytes columns, and paste them at address 0x0801C1B4
  • You're done, reassemble your scooter!
denmedia

Re: Ninebot Max ESC/DRV ST- Link - unbrick your Max ESC

Postby denmedia Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:02 pm

What wrong???
My STLink2 greate flashed BLE555, but i can't flashed DRV777 from "NB Flasher" (Win10) and ES_DownG (Android)...I tried to flash directly, but there was some problem. Problem: after the purchase, the scooter drove 23km / h, a week later the speed dropped to 18 km / h. There were no errors. I can do nothing with my new scooter. Help
Attachments
screenshot-352.jpg
screenshot-352.jpg (139.4 KiB) Viewed 46823 times
20191217_155322.jpg
20191217_155322.jpg (595.91 KiB) Viewed 46823 times
20191217_155308.jpg
20191217_155308.jpg (2.83 MiB) Viewed 46823 times
wielandgeorg

Postby wielandgeorg Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:15 am

I followed this guide but couldnt get it to connect at first.

Finally I figured it out

ESC out of the scooter on the table= connect all 3 wires from STlink as shown. Connect the 5v power wire from STlink to the red power wire that goes to the dash from the ESC. Dash can be connected too while doing it. After that communication was fine and I was able to flash DRV126 no problem. All you need is the 4 wires total connected and it works.
denmedia

Postby denmedia Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks! Its really work. I connect to big red wire and STLink is connected to target. I was able to flash my scooter and change the serial number to unlock 30km / h. other methods did not work! thanks again.
After that, an error 27 appeared on my screen. I solve it in the following way: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8FxNznZ8PLwrdk5p9
Attachments
20191220_120827.jpg
20191220_120827.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 46680 times
20191220_104437.jpg
20191220_104437.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 46680 times
20191220_122609.jpg
20191220_122609.jpg (127.09 KiB) Viewed 46680 times
Unicycle Santa

Postby Unicycle Santa Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:12 am

I am connected to the ESC via ST Link but the addresses that I need to find do not exist.
Jay

Postby Jay Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:47 am

Ok on one set of pictures I see the yellow wire that goes to the ST link going to the red and black wires do I hook them up to both the red and black wires at same time or just the red wire? Also on the other set of pictures the yellow wire that goes to the ST link it is somewhere on the board of the control board where is that yellow wire soldered onto,thanks.
Unicycle Santa

Postby Unicycle Santa Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:31 am

Ok on one set of pictures I see the yellow wire that goes to the ST link going to the red and black wires do I hook them up to both the red and black wires at same time or just the red wire? Also on the other set of pictures the yellow wire that goes to the ST link it is somewhere on the board of the control board where is that yellow wire soldered onto,thanks.
My ST Link connected just fine with the 3 wires listed in the tutorial. In those pictures the 5v wire was soldered to a 5v lead on the board to power it. You can also solder it to where the red dash wire comes from in the ESC or just do what someone did and run the 5v power into the positive main power lead. Again, I did this without needing any supplemental power.

I bricked the shit out of my ESC trying this but managed to get it back and connected. None of my memory addresses match with the tutorial, so I just flashed the full dump file and hope it is ready to flash DRV1.2.6 with ninebot flasher. Is it possible to flash the DRV with the ST Link?
Jay

Postby Jay Thu May 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Okay I'm going to start off by saying this it seems like the ones that know what they're talking about, for the cause please I ask you please don't skip steps even if there's one little tiny itty bitty step please don't skip it I've noticed that here and I love this one is directed to one person actually I finally cooled down after all this time and still irritates me but the unicycle Santa you responded to one of my questions Rather vaguely the exact reason is what this post is about I asked where a wire was going and the answer I got on the board well I want to know where it was going not just on the board so what do I do I really try to zoom in on the picture and look for that power wire was that was put from the SD link onto the board and zap out goes my ST link thank you Santa I hope all your answers get vaguely answered also like you answered mine now that I got that off my chest okay I'm over and done with it for future reference for the cause please don't skip any steps for anyone that has a question cuz cuz none of us or most of us are not as bright as that unicycle Santa or intelligence level is not as adept as that person sometimes we need a little bit more explanation for the cause man right for the cause anyhow that's over and done with You're my new question is about a error 32 on the spin dash I call it the death error I used to call it the Brian error this guy with superior intelligence oh yes the most superior intelligence and he got extremely offended and stopped talking to me forever probably because I offended his intelligence and he's not afraid to oversight to be little people because they're not as intelligent as he is but I renamed it because he doesn't deserve that error code to the death code anyone have any insight on that code thank you for your time over and out till next time ,Peace, for the cause man for the cause.
Jacky-folf

Postby Jacky-folf Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:04 pm

The dump file link returns error 404
Ecniv

Postby Ecniv Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:24 pm

On my side it did not work as it was illustrated here so I will share here the only wiring configuration that allowed the ST-Link connection to the ECS:
I had to keep the battery plugged to the ECS and use the +5V from the dash connector (the 1st left pin of the largest white connector on the upper left of the ECS).
Hope it helps.
Thanks! Its really work. I connect to big red wire and STLink is connected to target. I was able to flash my scooter and change the serial number to unlock 30km / h. other methods did not work! thanks again.
After that, an error 27 appeared on my screen. I solve it in the following way: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8FxNznZ8PLwrdk5p9

Return to “Ninebot Max”