Unlocking Firmware 1.4.8 and above for G2 Max: Latest Updates and News

Vertuha

Unlocking Firmware 1.4.8 and above for G2 Max: Latest Updates and News

Postby Vertuha Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:29 am

I recently purchased a G2 Max (EU version 01GY) second-hand. The scooter came at a good price and in good condition.
The only downside is that the previous owner updated the firmware to 1.5.1 😐

I've tried all possible ways to unlock the speed:

- Bluetooth hacking (tried 3 different programs)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Ic ... sp=sharing

- Change region to US using Ninebot-Flasher on Windows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8HLpQbfZNY

- Change region to US using Xiaodash

All attempts have been futile, the scooter refuses to update.
When attempting to change the region, it simply beeps three times, and the serial number does not change 😔

I found two more options on how to unlock it, but they all require disassembly and intervention in the structure (which I personally don't really want to do). I'm attaching links to these articles below:

- Controller replacement (unfortunately, only in German, but you can turn on YouTube subtitles 😊)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwIHA8-4KFw

- Unlocking using ST-Link and Xiaodash
https://www.xiaodash.app/g2

I suggest adding and aggregate information on unlocking version 1.4.8 and above in this article.
Vertuha

Re: Unlocking Firmware 1.4.8 and above for G2 Max: Latest Updates and News

Postby Vertuha Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:20 am

A new tutorial on how to flash a scooter with ST Link and XIAODASH has been released.
It's a detailed guide in German, but you can always use subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYH6iMkC4U

The only thing I didn't understand is whether it's possible to change the region after these manipulations and if the native application will still work?
abderian

Postby abderian Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:37 pm

I have found something that may useful to you but I'm not sure that it works or not. You can try one of them
  • Unlocking the Speed Limit: It seems that the speed limit is often tied to the region setting of the scooter, which is determined by the serial number. Changing the serial number to a different region (e.g., US) could potentially unlock higher speeds. However, it’s important to note that this might not always work, especially if the scooter’s firmware has been updated.
geometry dash
  • Firmware Updates: Firmware updates can sometimes prevent changes to the region setting. If the firmware has been updated to a certain version (e.g., 1.4.8 or above), it might not be possible to change the region setting. In some cases, downgrading the firmware might be necessary.
  • Controller Replacement: Replacing the controller is another method to unlock the speed limit. However, this requires disassembly of the scooter and could potentially void any warranty.
  • Using ST-Link and XiaoDash: This method involves using an ST-Link device and the XiaoDash app to flash the scooter’s controller. After flashing, you can change the region setting within the XiaoDash app. However, this method also requires disassembly of the scooter.
  • Native Application Compatibility: After flashing the scooter with ST-Link and XiaoDash, it’s unclear whether the native application will still work. Some users have reported that they were able to use the native application without issues after changing the region setting, but experiences may vary.
Vertuha

Postby Vertuha Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:50 pm

I have found something that may useful to you but I'm not sure that it works or not. You can try one of them
  • Unlocking the Speed Limit: It seems that the speed limit is often tied to the region setting of the scooter, which is determined by the serial number. Changing the serial number to a different region (e.g., US) could potentially unlock higher speeds. However, it’s important to note that this might not always work, especially if the scooter’s firmware has been updated.
geometry dash
  • Firmware Updates: Firmware updates can sometimes prevent changes to the region setting. If the firmware has been updated to a certain version (e.g., 1.4.8 or above), it might not be possible to change the region setting. In some cases, downgrading the firmware might be necessary.
  • Controller Replacement: Replacing the controller is another method to unlock the speed limit. However, this requires disassembly of the scooter and could potentially void any warranty.
  • Using ST-Link and XiaoDash: This method involves using an ST-Link device and the XiaoDash app to flash the scooter’s controller. After flashing, you can change the region setting within the XiaoDash app. However, this method also requires disassembly of the scooter.
  • Native Application Compatibility: After flashing the scooter with ST-Link and XiaoDash, it’s unclear whether the native application will still work. Some users have reported that they were able to use the native application without issues after changing the region setting, but experiences may vary.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this is the same information I have got so far, but I really don't want to disassemble the scooter and lose the warranty.
So hopefully the guys at scooter hack will find a way to update the firmware without opening up the scooter.
Smullie

Postby Smullie Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:38 pm

This is something I am interested in ...
Play

Postby Play Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:59 pm

I have exactly the same issue with controller version 1.4.8. I've tried all possible apps on the Play Store and Microsoft Store; the scooter beeps three times when I attempt to change Y to X in the serial number to switch to global mode, but no changes take effect. What's surprising is that some people have managed to unlock it under the same firmware version as mine just by changing the region in Xiaodash, but it doesn't work for me. I'm desperately looking for a solution to unlock it without disassembly to avoid voiding my warranty.

Return to “Ninebot Max”