G30D Dashboard and Connectors

bec

G30D Dashboard and Connectors

Postby bec Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Disassembling the G30D Dashboard

Firstly you are greeted with unfriendly Torx Security screws size 10.

The second bad surprise consists of the dashboard, fully enclosed in molded silicon. At least this one is fixed with three normal + screws.

Carefully unplug the JULET Gen2 round blue connector and let it slide through the shaft after removing the cushion. HIGO-B4-B Previously used in the M365 Boards are not compatible here.

Another surprise, 4 sets of control wires instead of two. These are all ILS Mini Micro ZH 1.5mm 3-Pin JST Connectors ecxept for the light, 2-Pin.

Since the G30D has two brakes the two blue signal lines must be for activating regenerative braking when using the Hydraulic brake and separately activating the electronic motor brake maybe in a stronger mode... I suppose. If anyone has a normal G30 you are welcome to join.

Closeups of the new Dashboard

I will try a m365 Pro clone dashboard soon. I am yet to activate or start my scooter since I fear it might block a firmware dump. My ST-Link should arrive later next moth and I do not have the time right now to mess around with learning my way around this software. Not to mention a loss of warranty if the nice silicone capsule is tampered with. Maybe at a later time when identical replacement boards become available.

Enjoy!
Last edited by bec on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lothean
Site Admin

Re: G30D Dashboard and Connectors

Postby Lothean Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Thank you for these pics!
Hopefully they will help determine why we can't change the Serial Number on these models :D
fivefingerdiscount

Postby fivefingerdiscount Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:29 pm

?
I paid for dis shyt!
Morbidru

Postby Morbidru Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:34 pm

interesting, so the retail dashboard isn't the same as the SNSC 2.0 dashboard..

unless the difference is because the first one is from a G30D, would need a closeup photo from a regular G30 to confirm.
l064n

Postby l064n Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:15 am

Is anyone able to post pictures of the motherboard/motor controller that the headunit of the max connects to? I am really curious to see what the board looks like and what the connectors look like. Thanks!
fivefingerdiscount

Postby fivefingerdiscount Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:49 am

I paid for dis shyt!
bec

Postby bec Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm

What is the first picture with 8 power phases you are showing?

The ESC looks quite similar to a M365 Pro one. You don't suppose maybe we could pull a switcheroo? Dashboard + ESC...

Dabbin&scooting

Postby Dabbin&scooting Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Is this an orginal Max or rental dashboard? Also where can I found out which model dashboard I have ? I have one I think its exactly like the one showing In pictures in this topic .only thing mine dont have the other connecter. Only 3 of them. And with the 4 pin connector. Also what does the m365 pro dashboard look like? Sorry if it's in here new to site . I will post pics when I get home from work I took off all that silicone off I really want to see if they are the same.thank you .
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:15 am

The ESC looks quite similar to a M365 Pro one. You don't suppose maybe we could pull a switcheroo? Dashboard + ESC...

That won't work. BMS isn't compatible.
You could try with an ES2 ESC though, keeping the Max dashboard. Should theoretically work.
fivefingerdiscount

Postby fivefingerdiscount Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:32 am

]https://scontent.fakl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5DA904A0[/img]
That won't work. BMS isn't compatible.
You could try with an ES2 ESC though, keeping the Max dashboard. Should theoretically work.
it does not work. it just boot up then turn off the dash. only able to turn on and off and light. and some error beeping
I paid for dis shyt!

Return to “Ninebot Max”