Would there be a way to visually identify if the new Ninebot G65 Max 2 is hackable?

SarsaP

Would there be a way to visually identify if the new Ninebot G65 Max 2 is hackable?

Postby SarsaP Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:46 pm

So I'm potentially getting a Max 2 as my Max is having issues and will be replaced (woo Australian Consumer Law!).

Obviously, I wanna install CFW. I have heard however that Ninebot has been progressively implementing encryption into these scooters to curb hacking, and having recently ridden a stock G30, I don't wanna go back.

From what I can see, the Max 2 is basically a G30P Gen 2 with a chassis and wheel diameter change (to the motor/wheels found on the F45), meaning there is a chance that the BMS, Control Board and Cockpit display are identical to previous models, opening up the possibility for hacking.

So, if I were to, say, open my G65 Max 2 and have a look at these components, would I be able to visually identify if there's any changes? Would someone well versed enough in this be willing to assist and take a look for me? I roughly know where these parts are located and how to get to them, but obviously I'd prefer to get at least somewhat of a blessing before I go ahead and load up CFW.

In addition, would there be any way to extract the firmware from the scooter? If I can, it might be worth it to the community if it can be compared to prior firmware revisions.
Esmirrasnda

Re: Would there be a way to visually identify if the new Ninebot G65 Max 2 is hackable?

Postby Esmirrasnda Thu May 11, 2023 2:55 am

So I'm potentially getting a Max 2 as my Max is having issues and will be replaced (woo Australian Consumer Law!).

Obviously, I wanna install CFW. I have heard however that Ninebot has been progressively implementing encryption into these scooters to curb hacking, and having recently ridden a stock G30, I don't wanna go back.

From what I can see, the Max 2 is basically a G30P Gen 2 with a chassis and wheel diameter change (to the motor/wheels found on the F45), meaning there is a chance that the BMS, Control Board and Cockpit display are identical to previous models, opening up the possibility for hacking.

So, if I were to, say, open my G65 Max 2 and have a look at these components, would I be able to visually identify if there's any changes? Would someone well versed enough in this be willing to assist and take a look for me? I roughly know where these parts are located and how to get to them, but obviously I'd prefer to get at least somewhat of a blessing before I go ahead and load up CFW.

In addition, would there be any way to extract the firmware from the scooter? If I can, it might be worth it to the community if it can be compared to prior firmware revisions uno online
I had a G30 and used XiaoFlasher (on Android) to change the region and boost the maximum speed from 25km/h to 30km/h. I can connect to the G65 with XiaoFlasher, but there is no option to change the region.
sarausa

Re: Would there be a way to visually identify if the new Ninebot G65 Max 2 is hackable?

Postby sarausa Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:40 am

If the Ninebot G65 Max 2 has outdated or exploitable software, it may be more vulnerable to hacking. You can test the software by downloading the Ninebot App and connecting the vehicle to your smartphone. slither io
xebeche

Postby xebeche Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 pm

Return to “Ninebot Max”