Tutorial!!! SNSC 2.3 Aka Ninebot Max Plus conversion

Spoooky

Re: Tutorial!!! SNSC 2.3 Aka Ninebot Max Plus conversion

Postby Spoooky Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:10 am

Put the controller and the screen from the usual g30 and there are no problems
Thats way too expensive and looks janky, just do it properly once and the scooter is cheap, looks clean and is reliable.
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:12 am

Put the controller and the screen from the usual g30 and there are no problems
Thats way too expensive and looks janky, also have to do lots of rewiring, just flash snsc 2.3 ESC and you are good to go, its more reliable and looks cleaner, also dont have to rewire all the cables
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:12 pm

Updated

SNSC2.4 Update

So the 2.4 is a little bit more work, but its got the best results, so the Dashboard is useless, throw it out with the steering pole, and change it to a 2.3 Steering pole and head, ESC same, SNSC 2.3 Esc, Snsc 2.3.3 may work, but the Dash button has problems on some ESC‘s, so just stick with 2.3 ones, Battery bypass as mentioned bellow, always drive Xiao Dash for best results, DO NOT TRY TO REWIRE THE DASH CABLE!!!! The Colours may look same on the Cable as 2.3 esc but they are different !!! Harvest the cable from a snsc 2.3 as well, basically its half 2.3 half 2.4 scooter in the end, but its worth it, tires are better, Fork is better, Frame is more stable at higher speeds, Motor has amazing properties, i am running 84V and my scooter goes gps 65KMh+, in Xiaodash choose wheel size 7.5 for accurate speedometer, the speedomenter will only show accurate speed till 50kmh, it stops going any further but it keeps accelerating.

Flashing the BMS Via UART is still same procedure, but i wanted to update the bms bypass a bit, on the 15300MAH Battery you can flash it Via STLink, there are seceral tutorials for this, just male sure your STLink is ip to date otherwise it wont provide the necessary power for flashing, just search Ninebot Max G30 BMS flash and you should find it, for the Big Batteries you can physically bypass them or via software, software sucks because charging isn’t protected via this way, this can result in cells being overloaded and others deep discharged, so basically a recipe for disaster.
Just cut the output + and solder it to the bms input +, but important, dont cut or bms wont work obviously.
It is not clear if the Big batterys can be flashed, some people say it works, from my personal expierience it does not work, ive once got a battery flashed, after flashing it stopped providing info to the scooter, but charging input was protected, deep discharge Protection did’nt work which is why the battery broke so its basically 50/50 if it will work and what will work, i recommend just bypassing and putting in an 60A fuse between pack and output.
YanYin

Postby YanYin Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:38 pm

Unfortunately i am unable to download the file over Bluethooth, and opening the battery and downloading Via Stlink is too risky for me, sorry guys, just bypass ist.
i just bypassed it, do you know any secure way for charging the battery ?
lewy10

Postby lewy10 Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:36 am

Hi !

Thank you for your good job ! :)

Do you have a solution (or a binary file for flashing the BMS) for a Ninebot battery of 27900mah / 1004wh / 36v ???
The BMS cut the power after 1 second of use... it's the Ninebot protection ! :)

Thank you so much !

Let me know when you get any pictures or a walk thru. Stuck with the same battery too!!!
Ninebot battery of 27900mah / 1004wh / 36v
Babo91

Postby Babo91 Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:16 am

Hi 👋

thank you for your guides and help.
I'm right now on my SNSC 2.3 project and got one of the big batteries, 28700 mAh / 1033 Wh / 36 V.

Im trying to find a solution to make it work.
I do not feel well with the idea of bypassing the battery hence there is no charging protection anymore and I'm scared that one day my flat will burn down or my scooter goes boom 💥 😂

I got a few questions, I did not understand everything so far.

for the Big Batteries you can physically bypass them or via software, software sucks because charging isn’t protected via this way, this can result in cells being overloaded and others deep discharged, so basically a recipe for disaster.

What software is mentioned here? Isn't charging unprotected either way ?

Just cut the output + and solder it to the bms input +, but important, dont cut or bms wont work obviously.

I am confused - first you say cut the output and next you say, don't cut. So what exactly should I do ? 🤣
I basically understand this like there is a way to bypass battery for discharging / driving and still keep BMS for charging later? So how does this work or what did you mean ?

My next question is, wouldn't it be possible to replace the BMS with another one?
I found a custom BMS, which can communicate with the controller and supports custom batteries up to 15s configuration. It is called Happy BMS, https://e-scooters.embedden.com/shop/sm ... t-max-g30/

Do you think it is possible to replace the original BMS with this one and the battery is usable in a Max G30 as well in a flashed SNSC 2.3?
I know, it costs some extra money, but it would be worth to me if I could therefore use the battery in a safe way and with all it's features, hence this BMS is able to communicate with the G30 controller / ESC - which also includes a flashed SNSC controller, I guess, right?

Appreciate your help, many Thanks
Last edited by Babo91 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoooky

Postby Spoooky Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:14 am

So there seems to be a lot of misconception on the bms topic so here is an update.

Forget what is said in the first paragraphs, never bypass via Software and if you bypass, do it properly, properly meaning, take the Output connectors Plus cable and cut it at the BMS, the cut the Plus cable that runs from battery to BMS, your either cut it as well and do a proper Y cable or yo just use something sharp to scrape off the insulation and colder it to the output cable, my way of doing it was just cutting both cables entirely, then soldering the Battery Plus to the Output connector Plus and just solder a couple of leads of the Plus going to the battery on it, even a telephone wire would work, we only want the bms to receive power, we do not put a load on it.

After this the output is completely bypassed, but the scooter can still read the Batterys date and charging is protected, I hope this clears up the topic.
dfaz

Postby dfaz Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:38 pm

Thanks for the thread, followed the instructions and all went well for me! Important to be careful with BMS bypassing, do not take shortcuts with electronics! Paper Minecraft, Bloxd.io, free online games
Babo91

Postby Babo91 Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:46 am

i haven’t found a place where to buy new dashboard cover, if YOU find one please send the link here :)
AliExpress actually has it in Stock now ! I'm located in Germany and can buy it for roundabout 10 €.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ey5ZdQp

Sorry for some mistakes, i am just an 14 YO german student :)
Wow respect for your skills and knowledge being just 14 years old !
Joeyjays412

Postby Joeyjays412 Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:10 am

Hey guys, new here I have a Spin snsc 2.3 cannot get my STLink utility to connect to my ESC. I keep getting this message no matter what I try: Can not connect to target!
Please select ''Connect Under Reset'' mode from Target->Settings menu and try again. If you're trying to connect to a low frequency application , please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target->Settings menu.20:01:55 : No target connected.

I am electrician by trade, and I have dabble in electronics before. I know my connections are good and in the right place. Can anybody help? I would also purchase an Already flashed Snsc 2.3 esc if anybody has any laying around. Thanks for your time

Return to “Ninebot Max”