OKAI ES-400 help needed !

Cajudos

OKAI ES-400 help needed !

Postby Cajudos Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:49 pm

Hi there ,

I am new at this so forgive me if I ask something completely silly but I have recently purchased a Bird OKAI ES-400 electronic step (ex-Rental) that was vanadalized. I am in contact with the manufacturer to order parts to make it run again. But I have no idea eaxactly which parts I would to change with original parts to make it run for home use again. Do I need to change the mainboard and motor controller or is there more to it ? I would not like to order unnecessary parts. Any ideas how to handle this project ??

Thx

Cajudos
F0xMaster

Re: OKAI ES-400 help needed !

Postby F0xMaster Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:18 pm

There is no retail version of the ES400 so you can't just replace the parts with retail ones. They don't exist. Whatever you buy from them is also going to be rental, so you're gonna go back to where you currently are.
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:13 am

There is no retail version of the ES400 so you can't just replace the parts with retail ones. They don't exist. Whatever you buy from them is also going to be rental, so you're gonna go back to where you currently are.
There's no retail version, but Okai isn't flashing Bird CFW when they build out the fleet. Aren't the ESCs completely blank or have some basic Okai firmware on the esc for testing purposes where they aren't locked down by an IoT device?

I also emailed Okai a while back to get info for the specific controller model number (not a retail esc). Just waiting to hear back..
Schimmel

Postby Schimmel Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:40 am

Hello,
I am also new here …
I have two es400 and i am starting this project actually. I convertet some Ninebot g30 from Spin and hope that this same level
Do you find out something more about this?
Best Regards
noahcentineo

Postby noahcentineo Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:08 pm

Hello,
I am also new here … tunnel rush
I have two es400 and i am starting this project actually. I convertet some Ninebot g30 from Spin and hope that this same level
Do you find out something more about this?
Best Regards
I also hope to receive the latest information from the old people here.
penny14036

Postby penny14036 Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:28 am

It's been a while, I'm also looking forward to the answer from someone knowledgeable on this topic.
Chast

Postby Chast Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:37 pm

After a few days of fighting with the scooter, it works.
All you need is an arduino nano, mcp2515 and a 60v to 5v converter.
The arduino's job is to only send 29 frames.
Maximum speed 30km.

Now I will attach a bluetooth module to control driving and standbay mode

At the moment I am looking for eeprom dumps from the scooter version, which has a battery in the front and not in the floor.

The main thing I am looking for is the eeprom from the MyTier version. Along with the Bluetooth code.

As for the Arduino nano file, please contact me on priv or discord Chast#0340

Return to “Okai / Electisan”